More than 999 levels?
Tyler is right, that is obviously fake because the game designers never would have needed more than 3 digits. What I find interesting is that the game doesn't crash and the gameplay stays totally intact.
So what happens if you pass the 999th level? Does the game crash in the Microsoft version, or reset back to level 1?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
It doesn't crash. The counter just resets. So level 1000 looks like level 0.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:It doesn't crash. The counter just resets. So level 1000 looks like level 0.

It also glitches higher up, showing negative numbers around 1100 and then yellow digits at 1200+.
I just wanted to say this [don't really want to bring back an old thread or anything; this is the only place I feel to post it anyway]

If you make the timer on CC higher than 9999, it will glitch and become a mix-up of pixels: one number may be visible in the counter.

If the counter is 1000, it will display a green 0, and in play, then will go down one second to 999.

If the counter is higher than 1099, the first digit will be the second digit in the number:

If the counter is set at 1800 seconds, this will be displayed:

[My level 16 in Survival.dat actually is set at 1800 seconds, the timer will look like that!
Slight smile

The timer will be like that; the first number will not be displayed [the value of the thousands digit]

The second digit in the number [in the above case, an 8] will be the first number displayed in the counter. The counter will act as if it were 800 seconds, and then go down, with the first number being yellow, until 1100. Then it will change completely green, and when the timer reaches 15, it will stay green and deplete to 0, representing 1,000 - then resume its count and go back to 999; then when it reaches 15 this time, the timer will make the alert sound, turn yellow, and run out of time if the level is not finished within those last 15 seconds.

I am not sure if it's the same with the chip counter or the level counter. But I felt this info should be shared if not already known by some.
Wink
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold