CC & a "save" feature
This is starting to become a little heavy on programming there Teeth
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I think a year or two ago, somebody was attempting to simulate a Save through the complicated process of playing inside a virtual machine, pausing the machine mid-game and making copies of the virtual machine in that state.

- Madhav.
Only something like this could allow people to get Melinda Times way easier, by saving after each move and loading that state again over and over until it succeeds.

Maybe if you did something like Majora's Mask did, by making each save only work once, then that would work.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:I think a year or two ago, somebody was attempting to simulate a Save through the complicated process of playing inside a virtual machine, pausing the machine mid-game and making copies of the virtual machine in that state.

- Madhav.

Theoretically, this could be used to cheat at just about any game that doesn't include a save feature...

Now I can finally complete the original Sonic!
Quote:Theoretically, this could be used to cheat at just about any game that doesn't include a save feature...

I don't really like playing games the way they weren't supposed to be played. I mean, Sonic for example, was such a short game you could do it, but Chip's Challenge was a whole different league for me. Confused
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Theoretically, this could be used to cheat at just about any game that doesn't include a save feature...

This is what I mean.

I tried Tool Assisted Speedrunning a while back, and I saw what savestates were capable of, so I don't think they should be used in TW. Unless we use the Zelda Majora's Mask idea, then it would work.
...could TW include code that invalidates (for the purposes of the high score table) any times completed with the help of a Save feature?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
To paraphrase Madhav "anything's possible".

My C programming is old and feeble (kinda like me!) and so I have no idea how to do it. But since it is open source, it should be possible to do a lot with this code.

Someone could take this code and make a game with all kinds of new features. Just not me. Blob
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Also keep in mind guys, that if we add too much stuff, it's not really the same game anymore. The original CC had no "save" feature except saving your progress after you beat a level, ergo, I don't really think a "save" feature is necessary.
I'm not for a second suggesting that we fundamentally (or even slightly) change CC; I was mainly commenting/griping about a feature that could be entertaining/helpful. For example, future versions of TW could include a "classic" mode, "2.0" mode, "two player" mode, etc.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.