CC & a "save" feature
I always found it interesting that CC didn't allow you to save your state in a given level. Virtually every other game I remember playing as a kid had a way for you to save the game...but not CC. I suppose that's part of the appeal, but it was always frustrating to, say, collect all the chips in Ice Cube and then get killed by the bug while sliding blind back onto the main path...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:I always found it interesting that CC didn't allow you to save your state in a given level. Virtually every other game I remember playing as a kid had a way for you to save the game...but not CC. I suppose that's part of the appeal, but it was always frustrating to, say, collect all the chips in Ice Cube and then get killed by the bug while sliding blind back onto the main path...

This happened to me twice in a row.. I got killed by that bee after I collected all those chips just because I forgot the direction it was going in before. Meh I never really thought about CC having a save state though. The main idea of CC in general is you have to be perfect and get it on your first shot without dying. Thats how I see it at least Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Well, yeah, CC is like a lot of games from that time period -- you "save" at the end of each level. Compare SMW.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I don't actually have too much of a problem with CC only saving after each level. The game is long enough as it is with 149 levels per set, so that's 149 saves! Smiley
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Even SMW is stricter, you save only after Ghost Houses, Fortresses, Castles and Switch Palaces
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I'm sure there's someone out there who accidentally drowned at the end of "On The Rocks" and is forever cursing the lack of a "Save" feature within CC.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Problem with a save feature is that people could use it to cheat death and get bold times easily. However, what I would really like is a save feature that involves a time penalty, like in Chuck's Challenge, where you can undo a move but the time to clear the level still increases. I would use this all the time. Slight smile
Quote:Problem with a save feature is that people could use it to cheat death and get bold times easily. However, what I would really like is a save feature that involves a time penalty, like in Chuck's Challenge, where you can undo a move but the time to clear the level still increases. I would use this all the time. Slight smile

Yeah, that would be good because some people just want to finish a level and don't care about scores or best times.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
^Yeah, that's why I never liked the lack of a "Save" feature. I'd always play extra-cautiously at the end of a long level, even if it meant eating up a few more seconds on the clock. I honestly never even thought much about getting a good score until I found the online Chips community....
One of the reasons why I like the "undo" feature in the game "Escape" is this very reason. Of course, that game is purely turn-based and, when it's challenging, it's still really challenging.

Perhaps a better idea than a "save" function is a "checkpoint" feature should another CC-esque game be created in the future. Of course, this would primarily work only in linear levels, but checkpoints can be activated upon achieving certain level objectives and collecting various items as well.