Playing Melinda inside the challenge
Hello dear Chip's Challenge fans !

I used to read about Melinda's score we can get by extrem good playing and sometime luck. I was thinking it would be funny to add a kind of Easter Egg in the game : making players who reach that score being able to play as Melinda in this game.

For that, we need to design a Melinda player. Here is what I draw to give an idea

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chips_chal...20&dir=asc

It would be cool if many of you could also propose a Melinda drawing much better than this.

What do you think about this idea ?

Regards.
I quite like that Melinda drawing; perhaps TileWorld could incorporate a "skins" feature, allowing players to choose their character? (I know you can still change the graphics in MS mode, but it's a slight pain to do). Then again, I guess it wouldn't be "Chip's Challenge" anymore, strictly speaking...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
That's why it would be more appropriate to do it in Tile World. Wink
Thank you !

Yes, I think you are right BitBuster, it's why I propose her only as an Easter Egg, not something immediatly available.

Also, the interest in having 2 characters in a game is that each character has something special (per example, Melinda would be able to attack enemies with some small fire balls, but it will change the whole strategy of the game so it has to be something else), and that quiet hard to do in CC's case.
I seem to recall that this was actually a feature in the never-released Chip's Challenge 2, in which Chip steps on a certain tile and switches over to Melinda, who has different abilities.
The problem with having it unlockable by getting Melinda's score is that nobody has ever achieved her score; the randomness in levels such as Blobnet make it extremely unlikely to ever get the best score possible. I think it is best to just have custom skins with her, which is actually a great idea.
Yes BigOto2 I see... I saw a few names of people who got her score in internet, it's why I believed it was possible, but you are right, it's extremely hard.

jblewis, It's sad that pack was never released.

Maybe we can add this concept on this CCLP1 but "when we change the rules, we change the game", so maybe we can think about minor different abilities... Per example, Melinda shoot the bombs but not walking on brown rocks which recover water... Or she could make the teeth monsters going away instead of making them come as does Chip.

But a skin is maybe enough...
Another problem is that nobody knows what the Melinda score is really ever... unless the set is around 15 years old, and even then, we could still theoretically get more seconds, so there wouldn't be any way of telling when they got it...

I still like the idea though Slight smile

Maybe if a player reaches a certain score or beats the game they could unlock it?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I see ! making Melinda available after they beat the game sounds good Slight smile
Quote:I see ! making Melinda available after they beat the game sounds good Slight smile

This would be great! Like what happens in SMW after you complete all 8 special levels.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan