SHEFFER review - EricS-CC2 (SPOILERS)
SHEFFER - Eric Schmidt - EricS-CC2

Time: 999 Chips: 0

Concept: (5/5) SHEFFER is a puzzle level based on a simple concept: solve logic circuits in three rooms such that each room functions as a single given logic gate. That is, one room must function as a NOT gate, one as an OR gate, and one as an AND gate. When you think you've solved them all, you take a one way trip towards the exit, and if you were right, a door opens and you win the level.

Puzzle Difficulty: (4/5). The NOT room is fairly easy (due to only 4 possible combinations), but the AND and OR rooms each have 25 possible combos and definitely require some logic know-how. The upside is that the AND and OR rooms have identical structure, so once you figure one out, the other solution comes much easier.

Action Difficulty: (1/5). 999 seconds is more than sufficient, and there are no monsters or obstacles.

Fun: (4/5). I thought it was a really neat level. I solved it on-screen without paper, but was definitely drawing on screen with my finger and talking it out ("if that turns on, this turns off, so the output will be on..." and so forth). My first two solutions failed (I like that you don't get to see the output of your failures), but the third try was the charm.

Thanks Eric!

Screenshots of each room:

[Image: woQeLol]

[Image: naEgsVD]

[Image: dm2cxHX]

And a short video of my

My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.