CC2 Rejects
File category: CC2 Levelsets

These are the 200 levels that DIDN'T get chosen for the CC2 official set. All were made between September 1998 and April 1999 by the original design team.

I am releasing these with Chuck's permission.

Release Notes:

-I have not playtested this set. All of these levels were solvable when they were first released, however, there have been a few logic updates since then, so there could conceivably be some unsolvable levels in the mix. I doubt there are, but I can't guarantee it.

-I ordered these levels according to the final difficulty rating they received during the initial voting. This turns out to be not always very accurate! During the voting process many of the first levels to be released were voted as being very difficult, and then as more levels came along it turned out that what some people thought was a '10' at the beginning of the process was really more in line with a '6' at the end of the process. But I think that just makes for some nice variety with the difficulty curve.

-Seven levels were submitted late and were never voted on. I ordered them as I thought appropriate. (They are SWEET SIXTEEN, THAT FIGURES, CYCLE ME THROUGH, and SHORT HAND OPERATION by Joshua Bone and LITTLE BIRD, ALL ALIKE, and CENTER PEDE by Bill Darrah.

-I did not include a few levels which were minor variations of each other (such as 6 different versions of CHIP OFF THE BLOCK).

-I made no changes to levels or time limits, but I did make some minor edits to level titles and authors, mostly to fix typos. I also re-ordered some of the sequel levels because there were instances where the sequel was less difficult than the original.

-While the overall level quality is certainly worse than that of CC2, there are some very memorable levels in this mix! Towards the second half especially there are some very good levels that were rejected solely for being too difficult. But as should be expected, there are also some astonishingly terrible levels and quite a few examples of mediocre or abysmal level design. Feel free to skip as necessary.

Enjoy!

Joshua Bone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   cc2rejects.zip (Size: 312.93 KB / Downloads: 364)
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.