IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
Favorites were: VARIOUS SHADES OF BLUE, TEAMWORK WORKS, and IN THE PIPELINE.
Had fun with the set, thanks for uploading!

1: TRIAL BY FIRE
Linear, pretty easy to figure out, lots of variety. Easy to not find the green teleport room with the 4 chips & + clock and get to the exit with 4 chips left, but pretty sure you could retrace your steps. Got the 1k bonus S of blue teleport and the 100 bonus in the teeth room. Ghost puzzle at end is good but it’s a little annoying having to hold right against the toggle wall but then release before entering the flamethrower, it would be easy to get the puzzle right but still either die in the flames or not make it through the door out of timidity. I recommend a thin wall on the west side of the flamethrower. Time limit is fine.

2: FRINEDLY LOOP
(is the spelling intentional?)
Nice little level. The split second timing for a block slide takes a bit to get used to, but the short level makes it fine, better than that CCLP2 level.

3: LINEAR INTERPOLATION
Water under block at top left is a little bit mean. Bowling ball puzzle is fun but it’s tough to time the release w/ green button so that it leaves the flippers behind and not some other useless item. It is also frustrating to have only one shot at sidestepping onto the grey button at lower left. I missed it four times in a row and had to redo all my work.

Overall a relatively difficult level that relies on split second timing in a couple places but is short enough to be a lot of fun.

4: SLAPS
This was fun. Getting the teeth to stay where you want them is definitely more difficult than in CC1. The bonus situation is pretty clever.

5: INFERNAL SOKOBAN
Good sokoban of medium difficulty.

6: WINTER STORM
It's okay Slight smile Love/hate the speed boots!

7: SLIME RIVER
I like this concept. Pretty bonus-heavy. It felt pretty loose though? I guess the max bonus route would be a lot tighter.

8: FROGGER
Please rename this level! I tried playing it like frogger and it just doesn’t work. I was actually feeling frustrated until I switched strategies and worked more with the pattern. Good level, but the name is a bad fit imo.

9: WARZONE
Mixed feelings about this level. The opening block puzzle is fun.

The middle bomb puzzle is also fun but it feels very confusing. The mechanism where the ghost blows up the clone machine is clever, but it comes out of nowhere and didn’t really make sense to me. I gather it has to do with the bonus flags? I felt like I got through that area without fully understanding the designer’s intent.

The late sokoban puzzle is an excellent puzzle, but the stakes are pretty high due to all the work you spend getting there. I got it the first try but it would have sucked to screw it up and have to restart everything.

Ending is fun Slight smile

10: BLASTING CAPS
Fun puzzle. I think I busted the ending because I never used the bowling ball, I just blew up the block and the no dynamite sign with one blast, and then brought the dynamite from the water room down to blast to the exit.

11: VARIOUS SHADES OF BLUE
Fun level. I made it way harder than it was. The teleport that pushes the ice block back on you is pretty mean, but the rest is fair. You could make a wonderful bonus area that is only accessible by partial-posting the teleport in the glider/iceblock room if you wanted to.

12: HAUNTED SWAMP
Awesome Slight smile

13: TEAMWORK WORKS
Awesome Slight smile

14: SHUFFLE
Haven’t beat it yet but I'm close. Really nice puzzle.

15: PORT BLOCK
Beat it, but I didn’t feel like I figured anything out in the process. Not very satisfying since I didn't really understand what I'd done with the teleports.

16: OUTLIER
Got it first try, not a bad puzzle.

17: 2 PEOPLE 2 BOOTS
Name = ewww. Pretty easy though. Might be confusing if you don't know how dropping items on FFs works.

18: IN THE PIPELINE
Very fun item-swapper. Is it intentional that the pipeline is broken in some places (i.e. west of the RFF)? It is possible to save the force boots all the way to the end but it doesn't really bust anything.

19: GENERIC MAZE
No, I’m not going to play this Wink

20: PURSUED
Guess I’ll call this type of puzzle a boot-dropper? Not bad.

21: OUT OF TIME
Did not beat, too difficult for my tastes. I was getting frustrated (>20 attempts) by the time I figured out how to get past the centipede area. I spent almost as much time trying to get the FF time bonuses as they were worth. The next puzzle room looks awesome but I had no patience for it due to the difficulty in getting there and not enough time to figure it out. My recommendation is to split the level into two levels right at the end of the centipede room.

22: TIME TRIAL
Yeah it’s okay

23: DYNAMITE DELIVERY
I really enjoyed all of this level except for the part where I had to ride RFFs to the chip socket. It’s way too easy to get stuck there, and not very clear how not to. Bonus concept (10pt flags everywhere but lots of x2s) is interesting. Recommend an alternate way around the RFFs, getting stuck there brings down an otherwise really great puzzle level.

24: BALL FACTORY

Too difficult for my tastes. After >50 tries I have succeeded once in shutting down 2 out of 3 cloners, and maybe 5x in shutting down a single cloner. Interesting idea, and I understand what I need to do, it's just a little too action heavy for me.

25: PROTACTED PROTECTION
Really easy… did I miss something? Just pushed four blocks to block the tanks, dropped the bomb two spaces from the wall, and done. Not bad, just felt like a surprise break after the last two.
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.

Messages In This Thread
IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: IHNN1, for CC2!) - by Joshua Bone - 21-Jun-2015, 8:48 AM