Any ideas for pulling this off?
My idea for a level is basically you start by watching a series of monsters pass over a button paying attention to the timing. Then, after a trigger, you have to press a button repeating precisely how the other button was pressed by the monsters. And only doing this correctly would allow you to progress to the exit.

I have an idea involving a green button and toggle doors that might work but does anyone have any ideas?
[Image: NJfyCcG.png]

In CC2 it is, this is a simon says level made by tyler with some wacky logic gates.
Quote:On 2019-05-12 at 4:51 PM, Gavin said:

My idea for a level is basically you start by watching a series of monsters pass over a button paying attention to the timing. Then, after a trigger, you have to press a button repeating precisely how the other button was pressed by the monsters. And only doing this correctly would allow you to progress to the exit.

So... Perfect Match?

(Yet another reason CC1 is incredibly underrated.)
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:On 5/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, Gavin said:

I have an idea involving a green button and toggle doors that might work but does anyone have any ideas?

First is this for CC1 or 2?

-do you want this order to be random or the same every time the level plays?

-Is the idea centered around just the timing of this single button (is it only 1 button?)? Or are the monsters/direction or anything else important?

-If it's the former (maybe even if it's more) it doesn't sound like it should be as complicated as Simon, but I might try and fiddle around with this idea and create some suggestions.

--------

from the looks of that pic; Simon's been altered since the last time I played. I remember the starting area being in the middle.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
CC2, and the same everytime. Although it would certainly be more of a challenge if it was different each time to prevent the player memorising the pattern from replaying the level.