UPDATED: "Native" MSCC on 64-bit Windows
Quote:15 minutes ago, Reynaldi said:

All audio files are already in the same folder as CHIPS.EXE, but for some reason no sound is coming out. Moreover, if I enable "Background Music", it will display the warning message of "None of the MIDI files specified in entpack.ini were found".

Did you use the setup method from this topic, so that you simply click on CHIPS.EXE and it runs without you doing anything else?

Also, are you using the original files that come with MSCC, with the original filenames (and modification dates from the early 90s)?
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:14 hours ago, andyrkki said:

Did you use the setup method from this topic, so that you simply click on CHIPS.EXE and it runs without you doing anything else?

Also, are you using the original files that come with MSCC, with the original filenames (and modification dates from the early 90s)?

Hm, I believe that's the problem - I didn't install the .reg file. I just extract the program and run the otvdm.exe via Command Prompt (as Administrator).

Also, yeah, audio files are having the same name. I already tested this on DOSBox.
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail
The "UPDATED" in the topic title refers to a much bigger update than what the first post might previously have suggested. It's now been... updated.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
I can confirm that the latest update fixes the score glitches from before. I haven't really gotten to play too much though this way - anyone notice any gameplay glitches?
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I'm having sound issues with my WineVDM. When a sound needs to play, the music cuts off for a couple of seconds and THEN the sound plays, but distorted; almost as if it's trying to play the sound twice in a short amount of time frame but can't. How do I fix this?
Hello, I registered here in order to thank you for the program than you did to have compatibility with old games. It already worked for me in win11