CC2 Rejects
for those unaware; Joshua Bone posted the CC2 Rejects set in the downloads a while ago; all the levels made for CC2 that didn't make it in the game [a whopping 200 more levels!]. And I thought I'd discuss them a little here, because while most of the levels were nothing special, there were some interesting concepts there, that gave me some inspiration. I've only got about half way through the pack so far.

In Particular here are some levels I might've liked to seen included in the game:

Resistance is Futile. This was a really cool concept. Maybe to make it a little less tedious/boring, add a few more walkers? Of course, that would make getting the bonuses harder. And it was annoying when sometimes the walkers come back out after going in a hole. Even so, I didn't have much trouble with this one and I actually liked it quite a bit.

track maze (1) -- very nice concept and I liked that it fits on a 10x10 level. It's tougher than it looks at first. The nice long time limit is nice.

Ant Help -- a fun short level. But shouldn't it be called "centipeded help"?

Be Prepared: while there that's d### move; this was actually a fun level. In such a brief level I don't mind gotcha moments like that. Now if it was a 30x30 level with lots of work that's a whole other story.

Centipede: Cool concept, the only flaw, I think is the fact that basically there's no real strategy or plan involved, just spam bowling balls and you'll win. I haven't figured out how to get the bonus though.

Limits: I realize there's not exactly the same idea, but as far as "rover themed" levels go I liked level much more than "Sea Que".

I haven't found any levels unsolvable by logic updates yet, but I have found levels which I can't see any solution, probably just because I'm missing something but they seem totally unsolvable. Like the second Pop Rocks level, Am I missing something or is the path to the exit/waterway totally blocked??
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Pop Rocks 2 is solvable, you can always check the editor if you're stuck
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
Quote:Pop Rocks 2 is solvable, you can always check the editor if you're stuck
yeah I was just being dumb.

Anyway, some more comments/favorites:

Railroad sabotage

trail mix

it takes two

gender confusion

tank crossing

Breakout,--- really nice concept.

Hidden Bomb -- fun and simple concept, good level, maybe a little too easy, but that's said after playing through the whole CC2 game.

And this goes for the main game as well-- I really like the concept of making a lot of challenging levels in a 10x10 screen. I've followed suit and designed a couple myself.

There were a few big levels by Josh which had some interesting mini concepts in them which I liked quite a bit, like "Dumbell" which had some tough puzzles.

I've now solved about 90% of the main game. On this pack I've only solved about half although I've skipped quite a few levels. Some of them are decent challenges [i think] which I'm completely stumped on like "The Tank Guards"

I'm curious about the level "A Little Bird" if the title is random or if it implies that, if all the buttons are pressed in the correct order, will the light of the wires form the shape of a bird?

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Glad someone is enjoying the set!

I thought the 'little bird' was just the fireball, flying from button to button. I'd love it if it turned out there was hidden artwork though.

I agree that 'Breakout' is a great concept.

The Tank Guards has two distinct solutions. The Tank Guards 2 forces the second solution.

Solution 1:

[Click to Show Content]

Solution 2:

[Click to Show Content]
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
I finally solved "That Figures" What an excellent level! This stumped me for a long time! And in the end the solution was rather simple. This was probably my favorite level so far in the Rejects set.

Now that I took a little time on Tank Guards, [number 1, haven't tried number 2 yet], it's a nice level. Levels that involve leading teeth around always intimidate me but this one really wasn't too bad.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Thanks! I thought those weren't too bad for my 15-year-old self Slight smile
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
I now just solved the level "Buddy" in about 5 seconds. It seemed very simple. Yet I was totally stumped on this level for AGES! I do not understand why I could not see the solution and further more why I suddenly saw it now. This was the worst case of this ever for me, I have no idea why it seems so hard. Flushed Yet I guess I wasn't alone as it wasn't voted into the pack; for difficulty reasons? Otherwise, I thought it was an excellent small level.

Earlier I said I didn't like the level "Sea Queue" from the main game, but I take that back; I solved it since then and it is not bad at all.

Quote:Thanks! I thought those weren't too bad for my 15-year-old self Slight smile
wow, that's a little impressive Slight smile

SPOILER::

I kept thinking you need to get the ghost to press the red button for some reason. I never thought of a time bomb [though I should have] so I was reluctant to trap myself, but finally I did as it was the only option left.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski