"Uart" level
since for some reason you can't comment on CC2 levelsets in the downloads section (you can comment on CC1 sets...) I'll ask this here cause I don't know where else to put it.
[feel free to move the topic to a better place]

Chuck Sommerville uploaded this level, demonstrating a "serial transmitter".

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/475-uartc2m/

Can anyone explain this in detail? I don't really understand what this is, what it means, what it's implications are, or what exactly it's demonstrating. Or what uses this could have in a level perhaps.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I'm not sure I understand it myself, but this might be useful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_...ransmitter

I think this is more a proof of concept level than a useful mechanism that could be used in other levels.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
It's a device that serializes multiple inputs into a single output, and then on the left, it retrieves each individual input again.

It probably wouldn't be that useful in CC2 because just sending all the inputs over to the other side via underground wires would probably take up less space anyway.

There are some interesting things you could do with it though, you could modify it so there's only one input and a number display that controls it's delay. So you could essentially use two buttons to control any number of outputs (only 7 without changing the design)

Edit: Well it wouldn't be quite as simple as using a number display to control the delay, you'd need a series of nor latches or something to actually change the delay, the number display would just be to show what output you're currently controlling
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
If I understand correctly, in simple terms what's happen is:

-the clock is making the wire circuit pulse in a particular pattern.

-when a "transmission switch" is pressed it changes the pattern.

-the receiver [left side] activates the door that corresponds to that switch based on the pattern? or the time in which is was pressed using the pattern? Because the switches are not directly connected to their respective doors in any way.

-----

anyways, thanks for the info and links.

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable or inclined; might it be possible to use two of these [or a similar set up] to compare two sets of data inputs [in the form of switch presses in a particular order]?

What I want to do is have two sets of switches being pressed in a certain order and be able to confirm whether or not the two match.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:If I understand correctly, in simple terms what's happen is...
Almost, the clock itself simply turns on for 1 tick, then off for 7 ticks, like this:

Code:
C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
-------------------------------------------------
|+| | | | | | | |+| | | | | | | |+| | | | | | | |

When one of the inputs is on, it will cause the wire to be activated in one of those normally off ticks, so say you turn on input 3, the output pattern then changes to this:

Code:
C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
|+| | |+| | | | |+| | |+| | | | |+| | |+| | | | |

The output circuit sets each output based on the signal on the wire during n-ticks after the clock tick, so it turns on output 3.

Once input 3 is off, then after the next cycle of the clock output 3 will be turned off again.

And it works with any combination of inputs being on and off.

Quote:

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable or inclined; might it be possible to use two of these [or a similar set up] to compare two sets of data inputs [in the form of switch presses in a particular order]?

What I want to do is have two sets of switches being pressed in a certain order and be able to confirm whether or not the two match.
You could use this to compare 2 sets of inputs values e.g. on/off (though it might be simpler to just compare each pair of inputs individualy) but you need some seperate way of storing the information of which order they were activated in
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]