TSα Discussion
Thanks for the feedback, Okarin!

Quote:On give up the ghost: I don't understand why the ghost turns one space after pulling the block through the slime?

Hooks seem to be very glitchy. You may also notice that the ghost sometimes turns unexpectedly in the teeth section, but thankfully neither of these situations will cause the level to be cooked.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Even while looking at the editor; Simon is quite complicated. Could you help me understand how all the circuitry works? I'm trying to build a level with a similar (but possibly more complicated) mechanism.

I can get a system that randomly generates an order of button presses, the part I'm struggling with is figuring out how to have two system of button presses that must match each other. [the first part which is generated; matched with the second part that the player must activate] I can PM you a more detailed explanation of my level if you'd like. Or send you the unfinished level.

on ghosts; it seems like when a ghost picks up a hook then encounters a block it will only pull it once and then turn for no reason. Does a compilation of glitches [or behavior or technical issues beginners should know] on the game exist anywhere yet? I'd like to see one here.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I can get a system that randomly generates an order of button presses, the part I'm struggling with is figuring out how to have two system of button presses that must match each other. [the first part which is generated; matched with the second part that the player must activate] I can PM you a more detailed explanation of my level if you'd like. Or send you the unfinished level.

If you look at the bottom of Simon, the latch gates are used to store the button presses (n=2 gates each for the 2<sup>n</sup> = 4 directions), and the counter gates determine which latch gate stores which button press. On the right side, the XOR gates are used to compare the level- and player-generated sequences. If you have more than 10 presses you need to store, you can use 2 (or more) counter gates in series.

Quote:Does a compilation of glitches [or behavior or technical issues beginners should know] on the game exist anywhere yet? I'd like to see one here.

There's this list of all reported bugs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rs2K...-z8_o/edit
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
thanks for the quick reply!

a quick question; my set it is: the player must press a set of six buttons each only once; will this set up still work? sorry for the dumb question but I'm figuring this out but I'm having a real hard time for some reason.

Nevermind; I just figured a way to make my level work in but with far fewer logic gates.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
For the most part, yes. You'll need to adjust the length of the sequence from 10 to 6 and add a 3rd row of latch gates to store 6 possible values. You'll also need recessed walls or track switches to prevent a button from being pressed more than once.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Finally updated this set again. Now there are 22 levels.

Updated the set with one additional level, "Enter the Void", which has been in progress for a while. It shows off a bunch of nifty tricks you can achieve by hex editing a CC2 level file. I'll be writing a tutorial on how to do this soon.

Quote:Updated the set with one additional level, "Enter the Void", which has been in progress for a while. It shows off a bunch of nifty tricks you can achieve by hex editing a CC2 level file. I'll be writing a tutorial on how to do this soon.

I'd be interested in that

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I'd be interested in that

This should be ready by this weekend.

Also, I just added three levels to TSAlpha. Enter the Void has been moved to level 26 and will always be set as the last level.

I've been meaning to ask you-- in one of your levels you have a blank not allowed sign, and the level involves a trick putting that to use; but in the editor I'm not able to place a not allowed sign just anywhere, except on top of items.

Was this achieved with hex editing?

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski