TSα Discussion
[10:44:44 PM] Tyler Sontag: i should make a topic tbh

Here's a topic where you can leave feedback for my CC2 set, TSα. It currently has 12 levels, and I'll post here when I make major updates. Enjoy! Teeth
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
A really good level set, with great levels. I really enjoyed playing through most of them Slight smile
Included replays would imo be a nice thing.

01 PROTECT ME SWIVEL SENPAI
A nice idea, and a small fun to play level. Once you realize what to do, which is not that hard, it's a quite simple one.

02 THE BENEVOLENT BOWLING BALL
A neat level, easy and fun to play, even if the paths could have been a bit shorter.

03 TELEPHASIC WORKSHOP
A great level, really enjoyed solving this one. Thumbs up Nice puzzles and good over all concept. For some reason I thought for quite a while that the toggle wall for the green key would have been a switch wall, which almost gave me a headache of how to solve it Fail It was imo one of the hardest levels in the set.

04 JUNGLE PARKWAY
The force floor part could have been shorter for my taste, over all not really my favorite type of level.

05 CHIP AND MELINDA GO SKATING
I like the concept of Chip and Melinda working together on ice. Blocks can be redirect while sliding on ice, Chips can't what's a little bit of a bummer, since it would make the level way easier. I'm stuck in this level, since I don't see a way of clearing the dirt tile in the top right part, probably I'm missing something which should obvious...

06 CLIMBING UP THE WALLS
A nice maze, but imo visually not the most appealing one through the force floors pointing all around and their animation.

07 MONORAIL
A real dodging challenge, with some difficult rooms. Not really my favorite type of level, but a nice design.

08 THE HALLWAY
A lot of precision direction-changing with speed boots, which wasn't that much fun for me, but nice mini puzzles with cycling the boots,...

09 WATERFALL
Another great linear level, really nice puzzles, and a nice layout Slight smile I think the time limit could have been a hundred seconds longer though, this way I tried rushing through the ghost area on my first try, and well, this wasn't the best idea Unamused

10 SIMON
A really nice idea and implementation as well as fun to play level B)

11 GROUP HUG
Someone should have told these teeth that I'm not a fan of group hugs with them. It seems like they did like me too much Raised eyebrow

12 GIVE UP THE GHOST
And again another great level I really enjoyed. Thumbs up A nice concept as well as puzzles with some tricky teleport interactions. The time limit could have been a bit longer here as well.
Thank you for the feedback! I'll increase the time limits in the next update, as well as add a few more levels.

TSα has been updated with three additional levels (but I forgot to increase some of the time limits Rolling eyes). Let me know if any parts are too difficult.

13 BE OPTIMAL OR BE DEAD
Nice and easy* level, I like idea used to limit the moves Slight smile

*had almost a full round of the yellow tank left on my first try.

14 OH DAM
Looked impossible at first, my enemy has ships and I - well then I realized, I have an infinite source of foot soldiers to my disposal Smiley
I would remove the transformer, as this way another step is required, if you don't want to risk your soldiers going nuts...

15 SWIVEL CASTLE
In some parts the room for error is not that generous. I died already too many times just exploring, to say it's a fun level, and since it's not that short, or at least I don't see an obvious short path, I would prefer some of the harder rooms made a bit easier. But I'm generally not a fan of too much monster dodging, so perhaps others will find it fine...
I haven't solved any of the new levels, but I think the dodging on Swivel Castle is top notch as well as the level itself. Slight smile

best feedback ever tbh
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Thanks for the feedback again. I'm gonna tone down some of the length and difficulty in Swivel Castle in the next update, as well as fix some busts in Oh Dam.

EDIT: TS Alpha has been updated!

Added three more levels yo! Enjoy! (Slime Minister is busted at the moment. It'll get an update soon.)

Updated the set with two additional levels, plus some time limit increases at the request of _H_, removal of the decorative fire in The Hallway at the request of Bowman, a fix for Slime Minister, and some other stuff. Enjoy!!

An awesome pack! Just about every level has something very clever and interesting going on! I don't recommend it for beginners though, some real challenges here, but definitely for advanced players. Although part of this recommendation is still being new to CC2 myself.

The first level; a fun and simple level. The second was also really cool concept which requires some good thought at first.

The downward box/teleport set up in Waterfall is very neat.

holy crap the circuitry in Simon is complicated!!! I sort of feel bad for you(s) that you put that much work into a level that's pretty simple [or quick] to solve. Still I'm saying it's a good level I bet it was fun to design. I can imagine a lot of cool designs using similar ideas to this.

On give up the ghost: I don't understand why the ghost turns one space after pulling the block through the slime?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski