Least favourite CCLP3 levels
From what I've played, which is roughly 2/3rds of CCLP3. As of this time of posting, my least favourite CCLP3 levels are:

1. Caves - This level drove me insane as this one seemed luck based and took forever to finish, despite being short.

2. Coal Mine - Another level which drove me insane and took forever to finish, despite being somewhat easy.

3. You Can't Teach An Old Frog New Tricks - Not fun to play or finish anymore. However, it does have the frog cam.

4. Toggle Bust - Really boring. Ran out of time a few times and got me raging.

5. Lot In Life - Luck based. Similar to Caves, but not as frustrating.

Be aware the list will change in the future, so some of these might drop out of the list.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:From what I've played, which is roughly 2/3rds of CCLP3, my least favourite CCLP3 levels are:

1. Caves - This level drove me insane as this one seemed luck based and took forever to finish, despite being short.

2. Coal Mine - Another level which drove me insane and took forever to finish, despite being somewhat easy.

3. You Can't Teach An Old Frog New Tricks - Not fun to play or finish anymore. However, it does have the frog cam.

4. Toggle Bust - Really boring. Ran out of time a few times and got me raging.

5. Lot In Life - Luck based. Similar to Caves, but not as frustrating.

1. Sure.

2. You're on drugs.

3. Acceptable. I find it fun to replay though.

4. Yep.

5. Meh.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:1. Sure.

2. You're on drugs.

3. Acceptable. I find it fun to replay though.

4. Yep.

5. Meh.

1. Probably sarcastic, but Caves might drop off the list if I can find a way of beating it without luck.

2. Again, Coal Mine might drop off the list if I can manage to beat it on a regular basis, but that's what frustrated me with it so much because it was easy but seemed impossible to finish. I assure you, I wasn't on drugs while playing this.

3. Old Frog is probably not dropping off. Don't get me wrong, the level is well designed, but it's extremely frustrating to play through for me.

4. Toggle Bust most people will probably agree with. Just hundreds of chips in a normal maze with a tight time limit.

5. Lot In Life I had no idea what I did to beat it. Seemed luck based, but might drop off if I find a regular way of beating it.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I'm with you two on Toggle Bust. Terrible, imo. As much as I dislike YCTAOFNT as a level, I'm not sure if I'd rank it as one of the worst levels. It certainly has its virtues (cleverness taken to its extreme). I still hold that it's a better spectacle than a puzzle, but all the same, it's more entertaining than a good dozen-odd of the CCLP3 levels (even if I still find the thing unplayable).

And I quite like Caves...

Some levels I'll gripe about:

Blue Blocks - I don't like blue walls

Bump & Run - Did I mention that I don't like blue walls?

Chip Alone - I also don't like "under construction"-looking levels

Stress Fracture - See above

Which One Next? - A less enjoyable version of Tool Box (which wasn't a highlight to begin with)

Waste Of Space - It's actually not a bad level, but there are much better sobokans out there, and I don't think this one deserved inclusion in the set at their expense. Block Head, for instance.

Triple Maze - ::Slams head against desk::

Mice Are Good For Something - No, they're not. [Just kidding. I just don't have the patience for this sort of level...says more about me than the level itself, I'm sure.]

Manic Depression - ::Groan::
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Levels that weren't mentioned:

Patchwork: needs about 300 more seconds on the clock

All About Buttons: lacks focus or anything clever

Dancing on Ice: pointless optimization level

Incident on a Bridge: my hate is unjustified Thumbs up

Complex: the whole level seems like filler

Clear the Way: same reasons as All About Buttons

Maginot Line: optimization level, you can either choose between a safe and boring method or a risky an frustrating method

Jumble II: guesswork, and just uninteresting chaos

Bustin' Out: monotony

Wow, I hate more levels than I thought I did Heart

Quote:Patchwork: needs about 300 more seconds on the clock

That's one of the things I liked about it! Made the whole search process more interesting.

Quote:All About Buttons: lacks focus or anything clever

Yeah, honestly, I completely forgot about this level. It's pretty non-descript.

Quote:Dancing on Ice: pointless optimization level

It's not terrible, but it does sort of lack a point. And the aesthetics aren't that hot.

Quote:Incident on a Bridge: my hate is unjustified Thumbs up

No, it's not. Slight smile

Quote:Complex: the whole level seems like filler

It's not very challenging, but I like the cramped feel of the whole thing.

Quote:Clear the Way: same reasons as All About Buttons

The room with the two gliders and the three bombs redeems it, imo.

Quote:Maginot Line: optimization level, you can either choose between a safe and boring method or a risky an frustrating method

WORD.

Quote:Jumble II: guesswork, and just uninteresting chaos

Again, I sort of forgot about this level.

Quote:Bustin' Out: monotony

True...but it's not the kind of montony that leads me to rage, the way something like Pain does. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Oh man, I had a list of levels and every one of them was mentioned already! I need to get around to finishing CCLP3 I guess.

By far the worst level I've played yet is Mice Are Good For Something, with Patchwork, Complex, and Maginot Line next worst, as all are tiresome dreary excursions without any joy to be had. Patchwork is especially badly timed; my best time in Patchwork is 5 and I'm just glad I don't have to play it again.

I'm going to defend Coal Mine even though it took me a really long time to complete too, because it managed to be kind of enjoyable.
Hmm... I don't have my list right now, but the last 5 went something like this:

145: Grand Prix - I may have moved this one up, I don't remember. But I just can never remember what to do, and it's a really long level.

146: Maginot Line - I just couldn't get this. I kept dying over and over, and I never realized you could use the block. I still die a lot anyways when using the block.

147: Color Wheel - Monotony. I like the idea, but the beginning with the gliders is annoying, and it's a long block pushing level.

148: Caves - For reasons stated above.

149: Suspended Animation - Lynx made me hate this level the most. I was using a harder route, and I died so much there.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:By far the worst level I've played yet is Mice Are Good For Something, with Patchwork, Complex, and Maginot Line next worst, as all are tiresome dreary excursions without any joy to be had. Patchwork is especially badly timed; my best time in Patchwork is 5 and I'm just glad I don't have to play it again.

I'm going to defend Coal Mine even though it took me a really long time to complete too, because it managed to be kind of enjoyable.

I sort of like the aesthetics of Patchwork; it's fun to look at, unlike the monochromatic Mice (or the jumbled mess that is Complex).

I liked Coal Mine as well; it's not the greatest level, but it's entertaining enough.
Quote:145: Grand Prix - I may have moved this one up, I don't remember. But I just can never remember what to do, and it's a really long level.

No.