Least favourite CCLP3 levels
Quote:Also, starting to hate Good Advice...

I raged on this level. Sucks.

Here's my list:

Patchwork definitely.

Dancing on Ice is just wtf...

GOOD ADVICE SUX

Red, Green and Blue needs moar time (or moar buttons)

Go Back to Start was just stupid

Incident on a Bridge is boring

Possible is TOO HARD FOR ME (shut up)

Jumble II...don't get me started

Caves is just ridiculous. Let's leave it at that.

Marooned (despite being extremely simple, I don't like it's placement in the set)

Four by Four.....I have my reasons.

YAYAP [long block pushing + 1 chance blockslide at the end = Thumbs down ]

YCTAOFNT (I know I know the concept is genius. But it's also way too linear. Plus I hold an extreme grudge on the last room. Just don't talk to me about it)

That's about it. There's also slight problems with other various levels but I won't mention them Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I like the placement of Marooned, both for the purposes of the story and for the sake of a "breather." This could be a discussion of its own; the merits of a linear progression of difficulty versus an arrangement that allows for little surprises.

Can anyone give a concrete reason for disliking Caves? I realize that that's a tall order, but I'm curious as to why it's receiving so much hate. I think it's a great concept, well-designed, and very clever. It does a lot with such a little amount of space, and it's one of those puzzles that seems like a joke until you actually start to play it. One of the very best CC levels, actually, imo.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:I raged on this level. Sucks.

Here's my list:

Patchwork definitely.

Dancing on Ice is just wtf...

GOOD ADVICE SUX

Red, Green and Blue needs moar time (or moar buttons)

Go Back to Start was just stupid

Incident on a Bridge is boring

Possible is TOO HARD FOR ME (shut up)

Jumble II...don't get me started

I agree with everything at the beginning of your list, except possible. It's nice to have a level with guesswork (I know there's a clever way of doing it but I don't know what it is).

But I don't understand all the hate on caves, which is my favourite CCLP3 level. It's not difficult to figure out. The only hard part is getting the last 2 blocks, and there's a few consistent ways of doing that.

Four by four and YCTaOFNT were epic enough to make me ignore how frustrating they were. YAYAP has its busted route which is faster Thumbs up .

I found Jumble III annoying but it's not one of my least favourites level - everything excluding the blob section was fun and I had fun replaying it Slight smile. There were a few other boring levels near the beginning but none were bad.
I listed YAYAP because I do not know how to use the bust right now. I'm sure once I know how to execute it right, it will be removed from my list Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I sort of liked toggle bust. It's not your regular maze. Plus, it was simple enough for me to optimize (even though I probably didn't optimize it all the way, and even if I found the bold route could never execute that on a level more complicated than Pearl Diving).

I think I even voted this level quite high in the CCLP3 voting. (Obviously, there must have been others, too.)

Different tastes ensures a varied levelpack Slight smile
Quote:I sort of liked toggle bust. It's not your regular maze.

In the case of TB, I don't think that's a good thing. Wink

Quote:Different tastes ensures a varied levelpack Slight smile

That, and heated discussion a good 16 months after the levelpack's release. Slight smile
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I don't see how Toggle Bust is a bad level. I mean it's only level 5, how much trouble can it be? It's just a maze... but I guess most of you are thinking the same towards us "Caves" haters.

I have many many reasons why I don't like Caves. Let's just say that after trying it several times for countless minutes, you get frustrated and well, the solution isn't quite obvious either. At least Toggle Bust the solution is completely obvious Wink
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:At least Toggle Bust the solution is completely obvious Wink

And you can run out of time even with 600 seconds on the clock. Not great.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
To be honest, 600 seconds is more than enough time for that level...

But I will admit it is pretty easy to get lost in the level.

This is just my opinions. I gave it 5 STARS!!! Smiley
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:I don't see how Toggle Bust is a bad level. I mean it's only level 5, how much trouble can it be?

It's not so much that it's trouble, just frustratingly dull.

Quote:I have many many reasons why I don't like Caves. Let's just say that after trying it several times for countless minutes, you get frustrated and well, the solution isn't quite obvious either. At least Toggle Bust the solution is completely obvious

Those are precisely the reasons why I think Caves is a great level and Toggle Bust is a horrible one. To each his own. Slight smile

Quote:And you can run out of time even with 600 seconds on the clock. Not great.

Yup.