What song are you listening to right now?
Anubis Gate - Golden Days

A gorgeous piece of music; the band's signature complex chords create a dense, poignant swirl of nostalgia. This is one of the choruses I've never forgotten, and this album is special because it was the first thing I discussed with a now extremely dear friend.

Yeah, it's total crap...but I'm on a nostalgia kick right now. I had the full episode on VHS back in the day...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I have had three beagles, and all I can say is Charles Schultz must have actually had a beagle.

My current one has even been seen on top of the dog house.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
There used to be a beagle running farm near where I lived. I always thought of Snoopy when I passed it (who wouldn't?).

NP:

Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
^Two days later, I'm still listening to the same song. Apparently one of the traits of autistic people is the ability to listen to the same song on repeat for hours (or days, or weeks) at a time. I am living proof of that! My neighbors must hate me. Well, at least I'm not on an "I Should Be So Lucky" binge right now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9br5ISRpo
Quote:^Two days later, I'm still listening to the same song. Apparently one of the traits of autistic people is the ability to listen to the same song on repeat for hours (or days, or weeks) at a time. I am living proof of that! My neighbors must hate me. Well, at least I'm not on an "I Should Be So Lucky" binge right now...

Okay, I'm not quite that bad, but I did once listen to "Friday I'm in Love" for, I think, two hours straight.

"Sowing the Seeds of Love" has been played for an hour straight as well.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:"Sowing the Seeds of Love" has been played for an hour straight as well.

Good choice. Thumbs up
Yanni - Paths On Water
Quote:^Two days later, I'm still listening to the same song. Apparently one of the traits of autistic people is the ability to listen to the same song on repeat for hours (or days, or weeks) at a time. I am living proof of that! My neighbors must hate me. Well, at least I'm not on an "I Should Be So Lucky" binge right now...

Perhaps this autistic tendency only shows up in my tolerance for long musical recordings, sometimes exceeding two hours. By contrast, I find it torturous to sit through many books, which is something I've fallen short of explaining except by concluding that I have a deep personal, spiritual, and/or what have you, connection to music. No other medium seems to excite me as much. With that said, I still find listening to songs on repeat boring, and this erodes my appreciation for albums where all the songs sound alike or for bands without particularly distinctive styles. My Asperger's traits started to confuse me when I inspected them, and sometimes I still don't understand why my report seems so overall inconsistent. Perhaps it was when I started to think of myself less as developmentally disabled and viewed myself as normal that I became more normal, and in some ways, I'm still catching up, which could explain this inconsistency which music seems to display the most starkly. With time and grace, though, progress will be made. (We ought to make an autism spectrum disorder thread. In addition to the many of us who have come out, Chuck told me his son was on the spectrum.)