Poll: Are you religious?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
54.55%
18 54.55%
No
45.45%
15 45.45%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are You Religious?
Quote:The question of "does (a) God exist?" is entirely separate from "do I want (a) God to exist?". Just because you don't want there to be an "eye in the sky" doesn't mean that one does not exist.

[this is not a religious apologetic argument; I'm an atheist, as should be obvious from the previous pages, and often an anti-theist]

Well my reasoning here is that if I acknowledge even the possibility of such an eye in the sky, it would make life much harder for me, so I like to believe that there isn't one and it is a risk I am willing to accept. If there is one, I assume that it would be supportive of my decisions as long as I don't go killing or hurting anyone, but I'm not exactly interested in adhering to "what you can and can't do while alone in a room with a closed door with no Internet access or surveillance cameras" when it has no influence on the outside world. I have nothing against people who choose to control their actions even when in a room with a closed door, but if (hypothetically) I were to wake up one morning and pursue monotheism, I would certainly try to believe that I would be supported and loved either way.
I'm a Christian. A sane one, though.

Also if you respect my opinion and won't rub yours in my face, I do not mind. But if you don't respect my opinion or rub it in my face (or both) I would want you to please go away for a bit.

But... If you are an athiest who thinks all christians are like Westoboro Baptist Church, be aware that I can AND WILL go SkiFree Yeti and Old Frog's Fusion Dance Baby on you! (Not really, but you really should stop).
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Lol. I don't even think the insane so-called "Christians" such as those from Westboro Baptist are even proper Christians. They are just hypocrites looking for excuses to control people and make a ridiculous scene out of it. True Christians preach love and positivity, not hate.

In much a similar way, I think that many Athiests who keep yelling at religious people for believing in a God are not proper Athiests, they are also selfish hypocrites. It's too bad that both religious people and Atheists have earned a bad reputation (among their opposing sides) for their extreme ends.
Yeah (catholic) but I don't really go to church or anything. Plus certain song lyrics don't affect me.
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
Quote:Lol. I don't even think the insane so-called "Christians" such as those from Westboro Baptist are even proper Christians. They are just hypocrites looking for excuses to control people and make a ridiculous scene out of it. True Christians preach love and positivity, not hate.

In much a similar way, I think that many Athiests who keep yelling at religious people for believing in a God are not proper Athiests, they are also selfish hypocrites. It's too bad that both religious people and Atheists have earned a bad reputation (among their opposing sides) for their extreme ends.
No, WBC is legit. They're just very dumb, to the point I kinda feel bad that they were that stupid... As for your athiest thing, THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT.

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
*atheist
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:*atheist
Oh. Thanks dude. Despite me hating grammar failures, I do have them from time to time...

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
I believe that when I die, I would be in a dark room filled with matter that's shaped as a coffin. People have somewhat "Cracked the code" about religion. I think of it in terms of going into a deep sleep where your mind shuts down and you have no control of what someone does to you. Same thing happens when you die, except then you would lay at rest forever. As for evolution, I somewhat agree with it, but I have not looked into it much to know enough about it. Their is more information about Evolution, then their is about Chemistry. lol
The proof for evolution is absolutely conclusive. It has been observed through DNA sequencing that mutations cause differences in an organism's proteins, and then when tons of organisms are bred and reproduced, the fittest survive. You can even see evidence on the order of the exact DNA letter sequences and how they have changed over millions and billions of years. Evolution and chemistry are very closely related actually, it all comes down to the DNA molecules themselves.
Quote:The proof for evolution is absolutely conclusive. It has been observed through DNA sequencing that mutations cause differences in an organism's proteins, and then when tons of organisms are bred and reproduced, the fittest survive. You can even see evidence on the order of the exact DNA letter sequences and how they have changed over millions and billions of years.

Ok then, but still I would need to look into it a little more.