Tom P levels for CCLP1
Quote:No offense M11k4, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic on some of your post comments. Probably unintentional, but forgive me if I come out too harsh on my comments.

Well, most of the time that I bother writing feedback, I try not to highlight all the things that annoyed me but rather encourage the things I enjoyed. Hopefully that will push designers to make more levels that I like, and less of the ones I don't. In your case, I felt you've been building levels for so long, that I felt I should stress the stuff I didn't enjoy, because you already should know what types of things can be fun, but still might not always see how some things are perceived by others as not so fun. I don't remember meaning anything sarcastically, though I probably was a bit harsh in some of my wording. I took no offence in your comments, and hopefully you're think skinned enough to swallow mine :-)

I'll read through your comments once more, and might comment on some. I might not have time right now to go through all of them... I'll see.

...After an hour and a half of writing comments I pressed backspace or something and lost everything except what I wrote above. Sorry, but will have to get back to this at some point again. I should've written something this long out in a text editor first and then copied it here.

To finish off on a positive note, I did like some of the levels more now that I took another look at them, and for some of the others I want to explain more what I didn't like about them.

-Miika
Quote:I'm guessing it fared well in CCLP3 for the same reason as "Which One Next?", namely, competitive players thought of it as an optimization challenge (which I fail to see the point of if the optimal route was soon computed using a TSP solver, but that is a different topic). Which means that it might not fare the same in CCLP1 since you changed the clock to be untimed.

IMO, other than the toggle walls, this level bears no similarity to Toggle Bust whatsoever.

Surely, that's not necessary / always wanted in CCLP1, is it? ... Is it??

- Madhav.

Weird double quote formatting, but whatever...

I don't like Which One Next?
. Even as an optimization challenge I don't find it interesting. Rainbow Door Key
might be more fun to optimize, if not for all the boosting in the middle (through the force floors, not just on the edges). As it is, I don't see why there is an extra blue key in ms but not in lynx, even if there are supposed to be extra keys in the level. My main gripe with the level is that there is so much hidden information that a map is the best way to approach the level. (Not to say I hate all hidden information, but that is a different topic.)

For me, Green Clear
and Toggle Bust
feel very similar to play. Both have a very specific route to go through. I like the structure of the maze in the first one more, and there are more puzzle elements there too.

Maybe you're right in saying a twist is not always needed, but I don't see you creating a level like Locked Up
. I don't know what it needs to make it work for me, but right now it feels like any of the dozens of blocks-into-water levels out there. Of course, thinking in CCLP1 terms, there might be room for one or so of these, so who knows?

-Miika
I think level 147 should be really hard to keep up with the tradition of the other level 147s
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
So I looked at some of these levels again, and read my feedback on them. At the time I must have really been tired of playing any CC sets. In the end, what I really felt about these levels is they many were at least ok, but even though I didn't agree on all the design choices in the end I enjoyed the time I spent on the set. I'll certainly take a look at the levels again when voting starts. Slight smile

-Miika
Quote:So I looked at some of these levels again, and read my feedback on them. At the time I must have really been tired of playing any CC sets. In the end, what I really felt about these levels is they many were at least ok, but even though I didn't agree on all the design choices in the end I enjoyed the time I spent on the set. I'll certainly take a look at the levels again when voting starts. Slight smile

-Miika

Any levels in particular you think are good CCLP1 candidates M11k4?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]