Tom P levels for CCLP1
Quote:IDEA: Complete all levels of ---

CC1

CCLP1

CCLP2

CCLP3

TomP1

TomP2

TomP3 [After completion of Level 84: Skip to Level 87; Ignore STEEL WORKS and FLOORS OF TERROR]

TomP4

TomP1Special

TomP2Remix

FDV2

JoshL1

JoshL2

JoshL3

JCCLP

TCCLP [and yet TCCLP is the third-longest levelset of all....]

Every levelset that J.B. has ever made

geodave3

Rock-Alpha

Pi.dat [when "impossible" is reached; skip to next level. Also skip the end of all time.

Pi^2.dat

All of Jacques' levelsets

^ Complete that in one year.... I have a lot of boosting to do.

For 2012, wouldn't it be a better idea to have as a goal to complete all the levels submitted for CCLP1?

In 2010, Dave made an impressive achievement trying all of the levels in the CCLP3 voting pool, if I remember correctly... Or at least the ones that weren't eliminated early.
I ATTEMPTED to try them all. I failed to do so. In the end I played all of the levels that made it into the second round (I think that was about 450). Prior to that I looked at pretty much every level in the editor. As I recall, JB had a lot of levels and I was really annoyed with the first one.

Anyway, there will be thousands of levels in this voting pool as well -- and looking at them in the editor doesn't really give you a good feel for them. What you might try is what others tried on me -- ask each designer for HIS (or HER -- but that's a different thread) favorite levels. For example, in geodave3 I'm very proud of Waterwings, but you can skip Five-Twelve. [both of these are in not_CCLP1 as well.]
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Ida's idea is the best - we definitely want voters to have the most informed opinions as possible before voting levels into CCLP1. Slight smile
It's never really been discussed anywhere, but how did CCLP3 voting actually proceed? How many rounds were there? And is that system what will be used for CCLP1?
There were three or four (I forget which) rounds, each including a smaller pool or levels as the staff eliminated the lowest-ranking ones.

I think the system used for CCLP1 will be similar, but there's been talk of possibly dividing each round - or at least the first - into smaller rounds in which only a fraction of the levels will be available for voting. This way, voters won't be overwhelmed at a huge amount of levels for which to vote.
Quote: there's been talk of possibly dividing each round - or at least the first - into smaller rounds in which only a fraction of the levels will be available for voting. This way, voters won't be overwhelmed at a huge amount of levels for which to vote.

This is a great idea, imo. It also avoids the possibility of levels being voted in simply because they're well-known.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
The talk about CCLP1 voting merits its own thread somewhere so that people can find it...
^THIS & THAT
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:The talk about CCLP1 voting merits its own thread somewhere so that people can find it...

Yeah. Let''s get back to talking about my levels.

Anyway, I'll upload a TomPCCLP.dat file which will contain all the levels for CCLP1 and future votings. If there's a particular level of mine you'd think would be great for CCLP1, let me know. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Yeah. Let''s get back to talking about my levels.

Anyway, I'll upload a TomPCCLP.dat file which will contain all the levels for CCLP1 and future votings. If there's a particular level of mine you'd think would be great for CCLP1, let me know. Slight smile

Nightmare on Block Street. Thumbs up

Joking aside, I can't think of a good level of yours at the moment for CCLP1. :o I'll think later Slight smile
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold