Which would you eliminate?
Quote:And without blobs, there wouldn't be Bloblake Thumbs up.

Or the potential busts in those CCLP2 levels (including the one that was fixed).

Seriously, though, I think that tanks are far more interesting than pink balls, even if their range of motion is effectively the same. The buttons make the difference.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Pink balls are utility monsters. They work well for "machines" of monsters hitting buttons because their motions are the most highly constrained of any monster besides the tank. You don't have to worry about things getting busted by having a ball diverted from one area to another by a block.

When I think of noteworthy pink ball levels, I think of Beachballs from CCLP3, which seems to encompass most interesting aspects of pink balls.
Quote:And without blobs, there wouldn't be Bloblake Thumbs up.

A good reason to remove blobs.
Quote:Pink balls are utility monsters. They work well for "machines" of monsters hitting buttons because their motions are the most highly constrained of any monster besides the tank. You don't have to worry about things getting busted by having a ball diverted from one area to another by a block.

When I think of noteworthy pink ball levels, I think of Beachballs from CCLP3, which seems to encompass most interesting aspects of pink balls.

Very good points. Certainly the game would lose something by cutting pink balls...I just think that it would cause the least "damage."

Perhaps designers appreciate them more than players? I just know that, in general (and to me), pink-ball-heavy levels tend to be less interesting than levels that involve bug rerouting, fireball arranging, etc.

That said, it's almost always less stressful to deal with pink balls than it is with blobs. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Seems that someone didn't get the obvious joke there. And it's a "pick-and-remove" game so obviously none of these monsters should be removed.

I have to conclude that paramecia/bugs are really, really underestimated and underused.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I got the joke. It made me smile. Wink

I'm not sure about bugs being underestimated and underused; actually, I think the "bug circling a chip" concept is way overused.
But there's way more than simply that. Possibilities are vast.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Maybe I should amend my statement: I'm not sure about them being underused. It may well be that they're underestimated, given the somewhat anodyne uses they're often put to. Wink
Quote:I have to conclude that paramecia/bugs are really, really underestimated and underused.

I think they're hardly underused, except maybe possibly in cloning machines, because of the C/B glitch making it difficult.
I'd get rid of the blocks! Who needs blocks which do Fire block ?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]