Which would you eliminate?
Quote:If I could get rid of the blob, it would have to be in favor of something really special. My wish would be for either a force floor or an ice corner that could be rotated with a red button push.

I've wished for something similar. Perhaps you've seen a toy train or car track that has a switch that changes when you traverse it? First one through goes right, second one goes left, etc. You can do something similar to this with toggle walls, but it's rather complicated.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I think pink balls are the least interesting monster. No surprises, and you can't reroute them (you can only block them). So I'd probably ditch them.
^^this

I think it would be really fun to see 2 other different types of obstacles in the game. 2 other door/key colors would be alright, but I would go for the Ice Block being an official tile as 1 of them and probably an extra type of button mechanic as another. Then of course there's the purple key/lock combo Smiley
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I could live without paramecia.

If there were four new tiles, I'd ask for another color of toggle walls with an accompanying button, and a negative valued chip. Extra keys and locks just wouldn't really result in anything new.
We can put in the ice block without removing anything already, though.

But I like the turning force floor / ice corner idea. I'd go for an ice corner because it's more versitile (IMO).

You'd need four tiles for the four possible directions that it would face, however, so that kinda ruins the idea Slight frown
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:and a negative valued chip.

Interesting idea! It'd also be interesting if there was a thief who stole keys (as opposed to tools).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:We can put in the ice block without removing anything already, though.

But I like the turning force floor / ice corner idea. I'd go for an ice corner because it's more versitile (IMO).

You'd need four tiles for the four possible directions that it would face, however, so that kinda ruins the idea Slight frown
Not necessarily. The ice block generator was added by utilizing the existing block generator tiles. I can't think of how to do it exactly, but I think it could be done.

Some of these ideas should be in the Super Tile World thread.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
That's an amazingly tough call, but I'd remove the pink ball, as you can have pretty much the same mechanic with a well-used walker. Why not paramecium/bug, you'll see in my level titled "14%" or even in "Boa Boa Boa" or "Blossom", to me they're necessary to this game. And why not blob: because I love random dodging.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Eliminating the ball would be awful. Try it with your own levels by replacing every ball with another monster, sometimes it will work, but lots of times it won't. Blobs, though unique, don't have as many uses.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single level that's enhanced by the use of pink balls. You can simulate the pink ball machine in Four Flex with any monster that moves at normal speed. Nice Day would be a bit more entertaining with walkers instead of pink balls.

Sure, there are some cases where you can't easily replace the pink balls; think something like ChChChips or Mistakes...but I'd argue that those parts of the level aren't crucial in the first place...

I'm sure there are some cases in which the pink balls are necessary...but if we're playing the "gotta ditch one" game, I'd say that they tend to provide the least gain.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Exactly my point. I made a lot of levels around them because they can provide easy dodging patterns without needing a lot of work out of the designer (yay laziness Teeth)

And without blobs, there wouldn't be Bloblake Thumbs up.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow