Poll: Cats or Dogs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cat
61.29%
19 61.29%
Dog
19.35%
6 19.35%
Both
19.35%
6 19.35%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are You a Cat Person or a Dog Person?
Quote:daschunds
Quote: Thumbs up

Only on the internet do misspellings get the thumbs up. *English language police*

"Dachs" is the German word for badger. Dachshunds were originally bred to hunt badgers. Now you know how to spell a word. Slight smile
I spell it different every time. LOL

I mostly just call them "weenie dogs".
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I'm not a dachshund fan, as many bark their heads off at every knocking/doorbell noise they hear. I have one and he is the worst behaved dog I have EVER known:

- Bites

- Barks all the time

- Steals food from other dog

- Steals food off table

- Poops in house

- Pees when excited

- Injured other dog

Sorry, just had to vent for the humor. This is not a stereotype, as I know some which are much better.
Quote:I'm not a dog fan, as many bark their heads off at every knocking/doorbell noise they hear.

Edited for the purpose of general truth. Thumbs up
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:

Edited for the purpose of general truth. Thumbs up

Seconded. Thumbs up
...and of course, their owners are inevitably apologists in the worst sense possible. Oh, their dog can bark you awake at three in the morning. Their dog doesn't need to be on a leash. Their dog can crap in your yard. Etc.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:I'm not a dachshund fan, as many bark their heads off at every knocking/doorbell noise they hear. I have one and he is the worst behaved dog I have EVER known:

- Bites

- Barks all the time

- Steals food from other dog

- Steals food off table

- Poops in house

- Pees when excited

- Injured other dog

Sorry, just had to vent for the humor. This is not a stereotype, as I know some which are much better.

I concur they may do most of these things (mine are lazy about going outside, and bark a lot), but STEALS FOOD OFF THE TABLE? Do you live in a Japanese house?

One of the nice things is that they can't reach the counter (unlike the Beagle, who steals everything). A lot of dogs may hurt each other -- but it's the non-dachshunds in my house that do that (on rare occasions) -- they tend to attack the oldest dog. It's weird.

Also, the young ones will stand in a circle and bark about nothing. It's hilarious but annoying.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
My dogs, when they were young, would often have fun standoffs in our kitchen in which each would stand on one side, inch toward each other for a few seconds, then charge and inevitably collide in the middle. Slight smile
I like cats, and I like dogs, but overall I am a cat person.

Meow!
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7aLbfgpBPM