Poll: Do you wear glasses?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
53.85%
14 53.85%
No
38.46%
10 38.46%
Contact Lenses
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you wear glasses?
...what are the odds of that?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:...what are the odds of that?

Well, probably low, but if something does go wrong, I'm screwed. I mean, I'm not that lucky to be honest. Slight frown
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Hmm...this might be getting a bit off topic, but why do you say that you're not that lucky?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Well, I believe they are covered with insurance or something, but being blind for the rest of your life is surely a consequence one wouldn't afford.

I'm curious as to how glasses affect one's life. Do you guys find it annoying to be kinda "depending" on them?
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I've had glasses since I was 8, so not having them would feel naked somehow.

Still, it would be nice to wake up with clear vision.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I'm curious as to how glasses affect one's life. Do you guys find it annoying to be kinda "depending" on them?

Well, I needed them for more than seven years before I actually started wearing them. I don't mind them at all now, actually. I used to think they'd be a terrible hinderance, but most of the time I forget that I even have them on...

It IS annoying when I have to take them off to read a book or a newspaper or something like that, but I figure I'll lose my close-range vision in a few more years/decades, so eventually I'll be able to wear them for all of my waking hours. Yay!
I find it strange that in my whole family (parents, grandparents, their brothers and sisters, my 2 sisters), I'm the only one who has never worn glasses, one of my sister did need some when younger but now we're the only two who don't need them. I fear my turn is gonna come someday...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
While we're on the topic, Rock, you ought to play Mike's level "Glasses."

*plug ends here* Slight smile
Quote:Well, I believe they are covered with insurance or something, but being blind for the rest of your life is surely a consequence one wouldn't afford.

I'm curious as to how glasses affect one's life. Do you guys find it annoying to be kinda "depending" on them?

I try to avoid wearing glasses as much as possible. My eyesight only started going when I was 16, so yeah it's a bit annoying when you suddenly become blind.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:While we're on the topic, Rock, you ought to play Mike's level "Glasses."

*plug ends here* Slight smile

Aw, come on, I was trying to forget that level still exists... Smiley "Glasses" might just be my laziest level ever... How much of a rush was I in that I didn't even bother moving the walls around so I could actually fit the whole pair of glasses in the level? Rolling eyes
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels