How important is the title of a level?
Quote:I once made a brief attempt at a level called Teethris with the idea that quartets of teeth in different formations would come down at you, and you would have to position the group by moving left and right in the lowermost row. But monster order and the like didn't seem to be in favor of the idea...

- Madhav.

Madhav, I would totally steal this title right now for the new Tetris-themed level in my upcoming set...except it has walkers as well as teeth.
So, I've recently used plenty of ridiculous titles for TCCLPRejects levels, all in a row. Here they are:

* josh is my bbygurl Heart

* WOOO EXTREME BLOCK ADVENTURE!! WOOOOO!!!

* Blobs Are the Worst Creatures So Let's Humiliate One

* Lesson 1 If It Were in World 4 of Super Mario Bros. 3

* Motion Blur, But With the Hints and Exits Switched

* Super WOOO EXTREME BLOCK ADVENTURE!! WOOOOO!!! Hyper Turbo Championship Edition

* Marjolaine's Other Maze That No One Talks About

* Dwiqjhqjslepmvsspyeihebmjhrghpzu
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I like the last one.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Sometimes I spend more time thinking of the title to a level than on the actual level itself. Rolling eyes

I made a huge list of a bunch of good titles which I took from names of Achievements in Portal and Team Fortress 2. That's not like plagiarism or anything is it? There are some really good ones.

Then sometimes I look through songs and the like for good titles.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
"Call It What You Want" Thumbs up

Also, what about titles from Mario games? I have both a Frappe Snowland and Sherbet Land in BigOto Returns, plus Lunar Spaceway and Halogen Highway in there too which were both custom track names that I made for Mario Kart Wii.
Some more thrilling TCCLPRejects titles:
  • Zane Wants Me To Keep This in the Set, So I Will

• My Levels Keep on Getting Worse and Worse

• The Blobs Come Together to Exact Their Revenge on Chip

• Thanks Teeth for Not Moving When I Ask You To

• Satan Is My Only True Friend

• Yeah

• Probably the Worst Maze to Exist

• Probably the Worst Maze to Exist Reprise

• Probably the Best Maze to Exist

• wat

You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:Sometimes I spend more time thinking of the title to a level than on the actual level itself. Rolling eyes

I made a huge list of a bunch of good titles which I took from names of Achievements in Portal and Team Fortress 2. That's not like plagiarism or anything is it? There are some really good ones.

Then sometimes I look through songs and the like for good titles.

If you're at a loss for titles, just browse the title bank on the wiki.

Also, I use a lot of references from other stuff as well, though I try to work around it instead of directly writing something too obvious. My title bank has more than 200 titles to this day, so I don't think I'll ever run out of.

Quote:
  • Zane Wants Me To Keep This in the Set, So I Will

• My Levels Keep on Getting Worse and Worse

• Yeah

• wat

Unamused

Hey Tom, ain't seeing no facepalm smiley.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:If you're at a loss for titles, just browse the title bank on the wiki.

a title bank... fascinating. I'll have to check that out.

"Satan Is My Only True Friend"
lol wtf

------------

some of my own:

Time out of mind

Near Death Experience

Search Engine

May I Cut In?

Where the %$@# is the exit?

Cool Cool Mountain (mario 64)

Who's Laughing now?

Deterioration

Like Tetris except completely different

And now for something completely different!

When Chip goes insane...
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:Where the %$@# is the exit?
Mind if I use this? Slight smile
That sounds pretty common, so I don't think there would be any problem, "Where's the Exit?" being the techno remix of the Super Mario Bros underground theme and also a pretty common expression to use in all maze-like game (just like a-maze-ing, sheesh!)
My YouTube Channel