How important is the title of a level?
OK Guys update: I decided to go ahead and clean up a bit the title bank. I put all the claimed ones at the top of every list, so it's easier to see what's taken and what's not. (Another way to clean it up for the eye would be to bold the claims, but I don't have time to do those tests, perhaps you could help out there?)

I'm also going to eventually publish some of my title ideas since I'll never make enough levels to clear it all, but of course expect me to keep all my best ones Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quick question: is "An Epic of Time Wasted" a title somewhere? I seem to recall seeing something like that and I really want to use it in Gamma.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Not that I know of - though I plan to make a level called "Waste of Time" at some point. Slight smile
I do remember it being an Avenged Sevenfold song. I don't like making titles after songs or book/movie titles, but that one sounds too good for me to let it pass.
My YouTube Channel
Quote:I don't like making titles after songs or book/movie titles, but that one sounds too good for me to let it pass.

It does indeed. I don't recall seeing that title anywhere so I say use it Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Quick question: is "An Epic of Time Wasted" a title somewhere? I seem to recall seeing something like that and I really want to use it in Gamma.

Just because someone used that level title doesn't mean you can't.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
That's called stealing isn't it? That's how I see it at least, so maybe Rock sees it that way as well. I could be wrong though.

The only time I use other people's level titles is when I didn't know beforehand.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Even if two people did use the same title, I'd say the real indicator of quality is just how appropriate the title fits into the level's content. If a second person using the same title manages to do something different with it than what the first person did, then that's great.
My point of view is not exactly stealing but more originality. I am authentic, I like to have unique ideas and I'd like to remain unique in that sense. I'm not saying that I won't accidentally make a level with a title that already exists (I have 2 or 3 so far) but I'm trying to help it whenever I can.
My YouTube Channel
A majority of my level names came from games, TV shows, Artists, education, etc. Others were just thought of on the spot.