How important is the title of a level?
You are totally right on that one.

Let's see, I'll draw out my best level titles (which are either total surrealist nonsense or simply nonsense, or reference to something else or what's in the level but in a super exaggerated way)

Exit... Ice Left

Panic at Floor 11

The Day Nymphaeas Were Invented

The Seventh Bearded Lotus

Solomon's Sacred Chamber

Phytoplankton

Unicorn Rabbit

Boa Boa Boa

On a more serious way, sometimes I love the psychological dimension that titles give to some of my levels. Best examples would be Voices, Artifacts, Mnemonic Ice and Assassin.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
The title of a level is absolutely critical.

Intresting or informative (or both!) titles are one of the things that helps keep a player intrested in your set. Of course, I think most of us finish most sets we start anyways Slight smile
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:I feel like titles can help with the aesthetic content of a level (outside of hints, of course). I don't think Joshua Bone's "Mineshaft" would have been quite as interesting with a different title and without the gravel/block clone look.

Sort of like The Aftermath; actually, that might be the best-looking CC level of all...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Don't forget Chip Alone: Lost in Chip City. An amazing level plus an amazing name which totally made it for both me and Rock AFAIK.

Not a fan of the level itself, but you're right: it's an incredible title.

I'm waiting for someone to make a Star Wars-themed dodging level called "Attack of the Clones."

(Or has that been done already? I'm guessing it has; it's too obvious an idea not to!)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
My work-in-progress set has around 100 levels now. Approximately 0 of their titles are relevant. Happy
Quote:Not a fan of the level itself, but you're right: it's an incredible title.

I'm waiting for someone to make a Star Wars-themed dodging level called "Attack of the Clones."

(Or has that been done already? I'm guessing it has; it's too obvious an idea not to!)

There is one level called that in the full version of TomP4. Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Don't forget Chip Alone: Lost in Chip City. An amazing level plus an amazing name which totally made it for both me and Rock AFAIK.

Don't thank me. Thank one of my favourite movies of all-time! Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
The movie reference is the reason why it's so great.
(That, and the fact that "Chip Alone" just sounds awesome for some reason.)
Some potential level titles from my notes, which I haven't found any ideas for:-

Look Who's Stalking, Honor Among Thieves, Slipping with the Enemy, Press any key to continue, Laughing All the Way to the Bank, No Good Can Come of This.

I did begin work on Dude Descending a Staircase, but it hasn't progressed in a long time.

Also, the title of the level I was going to submit for the Space themed Create Competition (except that I didn't have any ideas for the level itself): It's Not Rockdet Science.

- Madhav.