How important is the title of a level?
Quote:Dude Descending a Staircase

It's Not Rockdet Science.

'I've made it this far,' Chip thinks. 'Totally worth it, all these great threads to read.' Then he reads Madhav's post. 'Totally awesome!' he yelps.

(Sorry, I was bored.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Some potential level titles from my notes, which I haven't found any ideas for:-

Look Who's Stalking, Honor Among Thieves, Slipping with the Enemy, Press any key to continue, Laughing All the Way to the Bank, No Good Can Come of This.

I did begin work on Dude Descending a Staircase, but it hasn't progressed in a long time.

Also, the title of the level I was going to submit for the Space themed Create Competition (except that I didn't have any ideas for the level itself): It's Not Rockdet Science.

- Madhav.

I should work on putting puns in my titles. And I'm also tempting to change the title of "Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me" to "Honor Among Thieves" Thumbs up

TCCLPRejects contains some gems though. Like "'Parity' Bit", which his homophonic to the J.B. level "Parody Bit", but nonetheless a parody of the pieguy level "the wrong parity". Also, "Going Postal" for an annoying partial post level, and "Impartial Post" for a Sokoban/partial post hybrid. There are some others too.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:"Going Postal" for an annoying partial post level

Thumbs up
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Also, the title of the level I was going to submit for the Space themed Create Competition (except that I didn't have any ideas for the level itself): It's Not Rockdet Science.

My only reaction was a dropped jaw and something along the lines of "Seriously?"

Also, I have many good level titles in my notes as well, but since one of my main goals nowadays while making a level is for its title to be completely unique and never-seen-before, I'd rather keep the surprise Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I was admittedly surprised when I saw "Unicorn Rabbit." Slight smile

Madhav, I remember you posted some titles on the NG when I was soliciting for some ideas a long time ago - two of which were "Run of the Mill" and "You Can't Teach an Old Frog New Tricks." Then, a few months later, you put a claim on the latter...and now we all know why. Wink
Quote:A quick shout-out to level designers: if you make a level called "You've Taken All That Was Me," I will cast my ballot for it come time for CCLP1 voting.

Oh! Let's make that a Create Competition!
Good level titles, Madhav.

Sometimes a good title will give me the idea for the level itself. I thought of a "tank emporium" and that gave me a couple ideas for a tank level. It became "Brute Force" which I think is a pretty good fit for tanks on force floors.
~Bowman
Stefan has wonderful ideas for Create competition, so we'll put that on the list for sure. But yeah, I was always impressed with Madhav's level titles -- Great job.

We could also hold a bank of unused cool level titles and reserve them or something.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Stefan has wonderful ideas for Create competition, so we'll put that on the list for sure. But yeah, I was always impressed with Madhav's level titles -- Great job.

We could also hold a bank of unused cool level titles and reserve them or something.

This is a fairly good idea, actually.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:This is a fairly good idea, actually.

Yeah, and also give bonus points to cool level name titles, too! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]