Least favorite tile/element/monster?
Quote:Try it in Lynx -- it's even more PAINful!

The block/water delay in Lynx is quite annoying when you have a short attention span, like me. I shudder at the thought of Pain or Writer's Block in Lynx...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Come to think of it, I think Vanishing Act is probably in my top 10 least favourite Chip's Challenge levels because of those invisible walls! Angry

[Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif]
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:...I actually did break a flatscreen monitor by punching it, but my fist didn't go through it. The punch just created a web-like effect that slowly overtook the entire screen, turning it a permanent black...

Now that's scary Flushed

And my least favorite thing will probably be the teleporter. Despite its incredibly huge potential for anything, people have reversed its original uses to trick players and create artificially hard puzzles, just by the sole fact that you don't have a single clue what you have to do until you've tried everything at hand, to realize there's a second degree partial post involved which tells you not to pick "that one key you're sure you had to take" (cue LUNiT).

I also don't like anymore the fact that you have for the most part absolutely no idea what's on the other side and you must be prepared to react to evilness (cue Telenet, Drawn and Quartered, Oversea Delivery, Alphabet Soup, Tele-Rooms, etc.)

Of course it has incredibly huge potential like I said. I just feel it has turned as a mean for difficulty more as a useful pleasant tile that gets you somewhere else like it was originally meant to be.

Also, I hate the invisible walls too, but there has proven to be interesting things (fair too) to do with them.

Walkers are not in that list and will never be for me. Blobs as well.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I also don't like anymore the fact that you have for the most part absolutely no idea what's on the other side and you must be prepared to react to evilness (cue Telenet, Drawn and Quartered, Oversea Delivery, etc.)

In the original levelset, "Alphabet Soup" is the worst offender, imo. You teleport straight into a fake blue wall and into the jaws of the waiting Teeth...

...anyone know why can traps and cloners be programmed in ChipEdit, but not teleporters? Why do they adhere to the Lynx standards but not the machines and traps?
That's a good question I've always asked myself as well. Fun fact: playing through CC1 and CCLP2, I didn't even know about the reverse reading order, and even making my set initially...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Teleporters are so much fun, though!

Seriously, in other games (like, say, Gauntlet) teleporters were more random. At least in CC they are predictable.

It is sort of odd that MS didn't decide to make teleporter connections. That could provide some interesting possiblities.

And I love rows of teleports -- especially in Lynx with the sound on.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:And my least favorite thing will probably be the teleporter. Despite its incredibly huge potential for anything, people have reversed its original uses to trick players and create artificially hard puzzles, just by the sole fact that you don't have a single clue what you have to do until you've tried everything at hand

The same could be said for blocks, too Tongue

Quote:I also don't like anymore the fact that you have for the most part absolutely no idea what's on the other side and you must be prepared to react to evilness (cue Telenet, Drawn and Quartered, Oversea Delivery, Alphabet Soup, Tele-Rooms, etc.)

Thumbs up

Except for Oversea Delivery, which I used to hate a lot more when I was younger except I've now realized it isn't bad.

And I feel even though teleports have the potential for abusing the player, they aren't abused that much.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
As much as I appreciate the idea of the partial post in Pushy, that one annoyed me to no end. I felt quite proud of myself when I hit upon the solution. I was slightly less pleased when I realized just how much chance was involved in actually getting it...I mean, the level's forgiving enough to allow you a few extra goes at it before time runs out, but still...

(I suppose you can count your moves and time it just so, but for mortals like me, that's not an option.)
...oh, and Skelzie was always a bad one. Infernal pink balls...
Quote:As much as I appreciate the idea of the partial post in Pushy, that one annoyed me to no end. I felt quite proud of myself when I hit upon the solution. I was slightly less pleased when I realized just how much chance was involved in actually getting it...I mean, the level's forgiving enough to allow you a few extra goes at it before time runs out, but still...

The chance is 22.2%, it's not THAT bad.

But yes, I agree there are better ways of going about monster partial posts, and there are worse ways. It would be better if the other teleport was in view, but it would be worse if the block were impossible to retrieve and retry or if failing killed you (which can be seen in the EricS1 level Abednego).

By the way, in the original version in TCCLP2, retrieving the block took about five more seconds. Be thankful I suggested to change it Tongue
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.