Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1
What are ten specific levels from among the candidate sets submitted thus far that you would like to see in CCLP1?
Are levelsets submitted for CCLP3 automatically included in the CCLP1 voting? I remember playing the "CCLP3 alternates" levelpack (I forget the precise title) and being somewhat disappointed when levels like Blockhead and Japanese Game Show weren't included in the final set. I think they'd fit in well in CCLP1 (especially Blockhead).

Then again, I can't stand CCLP2, so what do I know. Slight smile
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Which "Blockhead" are you referring to? There's a "Block Head" in CCLP3, so I'm presuming they are two different levels. Slight smile
A list of ten at this point in time is quite hard to compile. I haven't even played any new custom sets for a long time! However, a few from JL1 come to mind that I really like and would fit nicely in CCLP1, namely Spin Cycle, Escape from the Pupil, and Run of the Mill (which would hopefully be at the harder end of the spectrum).

-Miika
I'm actually revamping "Run of the Mill" for a JL2 release, mainly because it was just way too annoyingly difficult. Wink

If I had to choose among my currently released levels, I'd add "Venice," (which will be renamed), "Flame War," "Criss Cross," "Quad," "Gridlock," "Layered Labyrinth," "Double-Double," "Centipede," "Whirlpool," "Mirages," and "Skydiver's Maze" to the list.
Of my levels, I'm really hoping my Nuclear Reactor idea works out well, it would have to be near the end though as it involves pushing a block through a long line of fireballs at full speed which might take some critical thinking for players at this level to understand. Toggletank Factory also has a pretty good chance, and Straight Forward and Full Circle were designed specifically with CCLP1 in mind.
Yes, Run of the Mill is a bit unforgiving :-) If an alternate version of it makes it into CCLP1, remind me to release an avi of my current best route on the original version just for fun. It really helped teach me a lot about handling bugs.

I also think Venice, Layered Labyrinth, and Mirages would be great fits into CCLP1. I don't like Gridlock, Double-Double, Whirlpool, or even Centepede that much. Of course Flame War, and particularly Quad are nice too, but right now I feel I want to find some good levels by other people as well :-)

(By the way, I only had to check what two of those levels were, and remembered the rest, so at least you're naming your levels pretty well.)

Another level I missed seeing in CCLP3 was Ida's Peek-A-Boo. I also have a couple of my own levels that I think would work in CCLP1, but haven't had time to work on designing since CCLP3 came out, so they haven't been released yet :-)

-Miika
Well, I was going to just write a few levels, but now I'm compiling a giant list of levels I think should be in CCLP1...

Said giant list coming soon.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Well, I haven't sampled very many yet, but here are the ones from TS0 and geodave3 that I'd vote in:

Cyprus

The Sewers

The Haunted Blocks

Plug In Baby

TYTATWM

Strike a pose

Squared

Spiralball

16 Chips

Thriller

Unblock

The End of All Good Things

Okay that's 12, but whatever.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Well, considering there will be 149 in CCLP1, I don't see why I should limit myself to just 10. So here's a massive list containing the levels I think should be in CCLP1 (warning: massive)

My levels:

Digging for Chips (even though I'll probably get claims that it's a Blue Blocks ripoff)

Chip Crossing (maybe, the southwest corner is slightly challenging)

Blockorama

Camp (which I totally forgot was in TS1...)

Icy Maze

Cubicles (a good long level, but definitely higher difficulty)

Switzerland (could make a good 144?)

Judgement

Kinetic Aesthetic

Cyprus

The Sewers

It Only Gets Worse

Spring

Dig for Fire

Excommunicated

Tunnel Clearance

Colors for Extreme

Metal Harbor

Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me

The Haunted Blocks

And here are others, though, I only looked through a few level sets to choose these. If your level set isn't here, I didn't look at it entirely yet

DanielB1-Lynx

Lesson 8 - Extras

Lesson 9 - A Challenge

At the Mall

Graveyard

Clearance (token blue wall level)

Caves (needs to be renamed...)

Mystery Wall

Evaporation

Fleep

Stranded (not really spectacular, but good for a long level)

Trafalgar Square

Lonely

Flamehouse

Canal

Get the Gist

Center Swing

Jailbird

Aim

Glint (if it had more time, and the Fire block is evil too)

Clubhouse

Blockage

Seaside Headquarters

Bowman1:

Solar System

Labyrinthe

End of the Road

Have Block, Will Travel

I haven't played this set in its entirety, so probably more

JoshB_LYNX:

Tumblers (if the bust were fixed, which it looks like it will never be)

Rivets

Scarecrow

Melt

Superfluous Autonomy

Mineshaft (though, I'm not a fan of it, other people seem to like the concept)

Condo

Carried Away

Four the Love

Tornado Alley

JL1 (after making this list, I realized that, for the most part, the hardest JL1 levels made it in CCLP3..):

Venice

Guard Dogs

Quad (sort of overly generic, though)

Detour

Spin Cycle

Slip and Slide (yeah, it's adapted, but we should make an exception Smiley )

Use the Force

Scatter Brain (a bit on the hard/evil side)

Safari (if the Joyride and dirt part were switched...)

Flick

Deliverance

Synchronize

Whirlpool

Hodge Dodge

Under Construction

... JAPANESE GAME SHOW!

Rock1-cclp1

Geniuine

Cakewalk

Dual

Doableity

Maelstrom

The Boss

Contradictions I

Year of the Flamingo

Assassin

The Bone

Artifacts

Bloblake

Mnemonic Ice

Dominion (possibly too hard)

In the Pool

Canadian Bacon

Loose Pocket (it seemed complicated at first, but I was slightly disappointed to discover the solution was so simple...)

Solomon's Secret Chamber (the aesthetics make its length bearable)

Contradictions II (the ending of this level is quite brilliant, by the way)

Ida3

Measels

Various

At the Snail's

Go Slow

Peek-A-Boo

And the Buttons Were Gone

Animal Farm

Kill Blob

4 Bedroom Plus Basement

May the Force Be With You

You Made the Bed

The Guide

Ida4

The Key Issue

Then She Dropped the Bomb

Lean Thinking

Round and Round the Garden

A-Maze-Ing

DavidP2

Prison Cell

Pipe Dream (though unfortunately not Lynx compatible)

Streets and Avenues

Symbiosis

My Kingdom for a Block

Hamilton

DavidK3

A Little Diversion

Jollygood Squares

You're the BOMB!

geodave3

Labrynth

Limit

Hyperspace