The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread!
Well that IS the puzzle, you know. Makes you play it over and over again until you get it. These sorts of "have to play it a bunch of times" levels have lost favor in recent years, but they are valid and in the spirit of original CC.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
If they're aesthetically pleasing enough, you can get away with it. I never minded fooling around with Brushfire, or even Cellblocked.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I really enjoyed CELLBLOCKED. Also SHORT CIRCUIT. These sorts of challenges can be fun, and we should consider them for CCLP1.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
What I liked about Short Circuit was that there actually is a way to navigate the maze without guesswork - at least for the most part.
I didn't like Short Circuit, for some reason...maybe because it was one of those "wasted effort" levels (i.e. you feel bad if you screw up near the end 'cause you spent a lot of energy getting there). Even though you could cook Cellblocked, it never really bothered me.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Strange Maze. Decent concept, but I think the design could have been a lot better.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:What I liked about Short Circuit was that there actually is a way to navigate the maze without guesswork - at least for the most part.

Yeah a lot of it was if you can see a chip you must go that way. But still it takes a few tries.
Quote:But still it takes a few tries.

Quote:What I liked about Short Circuit was that there actually is a way to navigate the maze without guesswork - at least for the most part.

There is no guesswork involved in Short Circuit. If you just look ahead and use a bit of logic you can figure out which way to go. You just need to realise that you will come to each intersection twice, and figure out the path that will let you move on without blocking any other paths.
How could the design of "Strange Maze" be improved?
Eliminate it from the set!
^Hahaha! I like that.

No, but if I had ideas regarding how to improve levels, I'd design 'em myself. I just critique them. Slight smile