Top 10 levels of CC
...I was intrigued enough when I saw Ben's solution on Youtube, but honestly, I have to confess that I also don't "get" the mass appeal (maybe it'd be different if I actually had the stamina/patience/brain to beat it?). A lot of the "solutions" just seem to be fairly random, convoluted tricks.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Plus the fact that after all this labour to get it to work, you have to face an ultimate puzzle in the last room, which requires pin-point accuracy...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Plus the fact that after all this labour to get it to work, you have to face an ultimate puzzle in the last room, which requires pin-point accuracy...

Yeah, the last room I don't like either. Maybe if I can manage to complete it, I might like it a little more.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Yeah, last-room-shenanigans are always a bummer. "Mistakes" in CCLP3 got me the first time around...

Admittedly, the TW2 version where the "camera" follows the moving Teeth is pretty impressive. Still, I contend that it's a better spectacle than a puzzle.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Plus the fact that after all this labour to get it to work, you have to face an ultimate puzzle in the last room, which requires pin-point accuracy...
To quote Wile E Coyote: "Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

- Madhav.
Gotta love coyote cartoons. Smiley
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

It is so challenging, that the "crazy bold people" love it. BTW, I very much enjoyed completing this level, but I won't bother playing it again. Except, of course, that I still have to beat it in MS.

It is very creative, but such a complex level is very frustrating and makes me wish for a Save button.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Admittedly, the TW2 version where the "camera" follows the moving Teeth is pretty impressive. Still, I contend that it's a better spectacle than a puzzle.

EXACTLY my point of view.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:To quote Wile E Coyote: "Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

- Madhav.

I really want to know the intended way. I recently beat this level using some AVI help, and the solution it used was both extremely difficult and probably not Lynx compatible.

After dying a few times late in the level, I got extremely proficient at the early parts, which definitely made me enjoy it more. I might even try to optimize it, despite never really optimizing anything before Tongue
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:Am I crazy or did I read Caves is your favorite all time CC level??
Caves is definitely my favourite CC level Heart . It's so simple but so difficult to solve. I did get a little frustrated when I first played it, however when I found a solution I realised that it is actually a pretty easy level. Chip Win