What did you get for Christmas in 2011?
Quote:Boule & Bill

Thumbs up (Y) Thumbs up (Y) Thumbs up (Y) Thumbs up (Y) Thumbs up (Y)

I haven't read much of Calvin & Hobbes, but what I liked what I saw. I might get a small collection of those comics when I get some money.
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

...I insisted on taking my C&H collection along with me to school. I've discarded most of my artifacts from childhood, but those I hung on to. They're still a blast to read.

What's most amazing about C&H is the way it just got better and better. When Watterson earned the right to do anything he wanted with the Sunday strips, he produced genuine works of art. The strip in which Calvin turns his yard into this desert landscape at sundown is utterly beautiful.

The snowman strips are probably my favorites; the way Calvin tears apart the art world is downright hilarious.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
[Image: jon5.gif]

Friggin' brilliant.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Awesome!

wait -- where'd my picture go?

"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Hmm...I thought I posted an image...

Anyway here's the link to ProgressiveBoink; I don't agree with some of their selections, but it's nice to have some classic Calvin online:

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/...hobbes.htm
Well here's another link:

http://www.thefoolsparadise.com/calvin/index.htm
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
^Ha! Calvin's the best! Teeth

(The little snowman on the sled in the "house of horror" strip cracks me up every time. I'm not sure why.)
Quote:Is it the dispatch/note for "Jaywalker"? The Teeth-talk sounds suspiciously like the Crocs.

(Even down to the names: Floyd and Bob)

You got it!
Whose idea was that? It's a nice touch. B)
It was totally Madhav's.