Poll: Do you drive a car?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.89%
11 57.89%
No
31.58%
6 31.58%
Well... not a car.
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you drive a car?
Haha !

I am actually taking driving lessons since 5 days here in MiddEast ! Most of the lesson is in arabic so it's quiet hard for me (also the car is a manual, Gooooood) !

But it's ok for driving, it's not that frightening, I will have to take my driving licence exam in 8 days "in shaa Allah" ^^ as they say ^^

The most lol is the theorical exam I cannot even read ^^ I do hope they will have it in English !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK for all of you who will begin to drive Slight smile and take care drive safe !!!
My favorite memory in driving school was practicing at a local high school parking lot, where I drove through some parking spaces...

Instructor: "BAM! BOOM! BOOM! BAM! KSH! BAM! KSH! KSH! BOOM!"

Me: "What was that?"

Instructor: "You just hit twelve cars!"

Me: "But there's nothing there..."

Instructor: "But there normally would be, though!"
I also drive a manual car. Automatic would make me fall asleep, though I swear in traffic jams because of that damn clutch.

Quote:My favorite memory in driving school was practicing at a local high school parking lot, where I drove through some parking spaces...

Amazing!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Hahahahah I do swear too about this clutch thing in traffic jams... ^^

Lol the technic of the prof in the parking !!!

For me it's was quiet funny today, I spent a houre in a ministry office to get the authorization to "be alone, as a girl, with my driving teacher in the car"... They don't joke with men/ladies interactions here !!! lol !

Without this paper I would have to bring everytime a volonteer with me, loooooooooool
I do drive a car, though I prefer public transit. I mean, it's fun to drive around and I've never been one to deny myself the guilty pleasure of a joyride, but when it comes to fighting rush hour traffic and dealing with a city that doesn't know how to maintain its roads, it's nice to have a semi-decent bus system.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:My favorite memory in driving school was practicing at a local high school parking lot, where I drove through some parking spaces...

Classic!

When it came time for me to take my driver's test, I remember parallel parking and sitting in the parking spot for about five minutes while the DMV guy said nothing. When I finally said, "Um, is there something..." he curtly interrupted me:

"I'm waiting for you to park it." I glanced down at the gearshift and realized that I was still in Drive. I shifted it into Park, and immediately upon doing so, the guy said, "Ok, now pull out of the space."
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Here's the bummer (no pun intended among us chipsters): when I learned how to drive, I was 19. State law in Texas requires that people under 18 have an adult in the vehicle with them for six months before they officially obtain a license. That's it. However, if you're over 18, you actually have to take a test, from which everyone underage is somehow exempt...and which also includes parallel parking. Tongue
Apparently some states don't have parallel parking in their driver's tests. I've talked to people who said, "No, all I had to do was drive around the block."

I go out of my way to NOT parallel park. I'll walk an extra 10 blocks if I have to. Ideally, though, I park right behind the yellow lines, or near a fire hydrant; that way I know that no one can block me in.
Quote:Here's the bummer (no pun intended among us chipsters): when I learned how to drive, I was 19. State law in Texas requires that people under 18 have an adult in the vehicle with them for six months before they officially obtain a license. That's it. However, if you're over 18, you actually have to take a test, from which everyone underage is somehow exempt...and which also includes parallel parking. Tongue

If you're under 18 you don't even have to take a test? Flushed Where I am (in Pennsylvania) you had to do more work if you were under 18 getting your license - you had to fill out a booklet showing that you practiced driving for 50 hours over at least 6 months, then you could take the test to get your license (which included parallel parking). If you were over 18, you didn't need to have the booklet filled out (that's what I did Slight smile).
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Here, once you're 16 you can take a knowledge test to get an "L" (which allows driving with someone aged 25+ in the car along with a whole bunch of heavy restrictions), then 1 year after that you can take a driving test to get an "N" (which allows driving alone but still with a whole bunch of restrictions), then 2 years after that you can take the full driving test to get an actual license. 19 is thus the minimum age you can get a full license. Any infractions incurred reset the time required to get out of the L or N stages.

/random lecture on B.C. driving system