Lucky Timings
Quote:I wouldn't because it's part of the original thing. IMO the community has to temper its little perfect puzzle-brain self and stop this constant quest for approval lack of annoyance.

fix'd
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Like most people said, the ones in CC1 were forgivable because they were right at the start. If you were to make a move like having blobs all over ice floors and had to hope for the best, then yead I'd probably say no to that. However, it's more forgivable the shorter the level, but if it was right at the end of a 15 minute level, then yeah that would suck!
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Lucky timing situations are some of the least fun obstacles that a player can come across, but I disagree with "blacklisting" concepts as Rock said. Each level should be evaluated based on its own merits (although as a general rule I don't like "lucky timings" at all).
In some cases it can be fun, for example in Icehouse it requires you to time your pressing of the key correctly and isn't so "Lucky" as much as "Experimental." In other situations when you have no way of knowing where the monster will be, it is just completely pointless and thus takes away fun. Artificial difficulty much?
I agree with Trevor here. Also as long as it's not too late in the level, I'm OK with it being there, as long as it's 'expiramental'.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
The thing that sets Icehouse apart from other levels is that the lucky timing is consistent. You can test various distances from the glider, and if they don't work, you try others. In Exit Chip, unless you count your moves exactly, you can't form a strategy.

Icehouse = Thumbs up

Exit Chip = Angry
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Icehouse and Torturechamber are fine by me. Chiller = mmm, you don't know how to get there on your 1st try, so if you die, you start by that path because you know it made you die. Sort of acceptable, but not really something you'd wish for, as it falls on the annoying side (barely). Course, most CCLP2 cases are absolutely evil. My only point was that they shouldn't be strictly forbidden, insta-red-eye-bbq-rage-point-a-finger-and-scream by the community...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
That's funny though, as I never remember Chiller having an instance of lucky timing. I must be lucky.
Quote:That's funny though, as I never remember Chiller having an instance of lucky timing. I must be lucky.
One of the slides goes back around to where the pink balls are, and my luck seemed to hate me, even when there's a small chance of it happening. I died, like, 7 times on that alone :/
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Do not remember that. Never die in the pink balls.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan