Lucky Timings
Here's the love and hate thread for lucky timings. Having to go across ice and hoping to dodge those monsters crossing it, as well as forces and switches going off just as you think you're about to avoid them and BAM! You're dead! Should lucky timings exist in future levels or are they just a pain in the backside overall?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
they ARE a pain in the backside, but if done appropriately they can still contribute to a level. Unfortunately, the line between appropriate and inappropriate is very small.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I don't think I remember an instance of that in CC1. CCLP2 sure has its share, I'll do some research about that Slight smile

What I do think is that no particular element should be "blacklisted" for its sheer annoyance. Of course, there's always exaggeration, which is what we want to avoid.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I don't think I remember an instance of that in CC1.

Off the top of my head: Icehouse, Torturechamber, Chiller.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Agreed - this is why I believe every eligible candidate for an official set should be allowed in voting and given a fair chance, not eliminated right off the bat because of some particular quality that some players may not like. Slight smile
Quote:Off the top of my head: Icehouse, Torturechamber, Chiller.

Minor forgivable instances. The one you run the most into is Icehouse, which is right at the beginning.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I just disagree with lucky timing overall. No more of this. Chiller murdered me with it, and Exit Chip sealed the coffin.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I absolutely hate lucky timings. Though I gotta admit after going through all the lucky timing from Exit Chip, ridicolusly murdering myself by a pink ball 3 times in a row, it was hilarous. Still, I don't approve of lucky timing at all.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Minor forgivable instances. The one you run the most into is Icehouse, which is right at the beginning.

The one in Chiller has happened to me several times, often after more than a minute into the level. Also, there's some in Deepfreeze, which Trevor ran into during his CC1 LP. For completion's sake, there's also Miss Direction, Slide Step, and Ice Cube. Obviously, I hope designers don't make the choice to keep lucky timing in if they can remove it, and if a level with lucky timing makes it into CCLP1, I would hope that it gets removed.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I wouldn't because it's part of the original thing. IMO the community has to temper its little perfect puzzle-brain self and stop this constant quest for approval.
My YouTube Channel