Poll: How old are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Less than 13
6.38%
3 6.38%
13-17
34.04%
16 34.04%
18-21
23.40%
11 23.40%
22-28
21.28%
10 21.28%
29+
14.89%
7 14.89%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How old are you?
Quote:You could argue that it makes sense to tax the ignorant at higher rates, given that they're, by definition, not bright enough to realize that they're getting screwed. Wink

This.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Dave Ramsey says lottery tickets are a tax on people who can't do math.

The way things are going there won't be any social security for us when we get there, either.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I'm sure most people who play the lottery know that it's a negative expectation game. Arguably, if you get a sufficient thrill from playing (as well as from the severely misplaced hope that you, too, may someday be an overnight millionaire), there's enough utility to make up for the 60% return on investment.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Yes, lottery now emphasizes the "fun" aspect of it, but I'd imagine lot of people who do it for "enjoyment" would fall under the category of gambling addiction, which is not at all healthy.
Quote:Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who didn't get his driver's license at age 16. Tongue
I'm 20 and still don't have one. I had a permit once, but it expired a couple years ago.

Quote:I'm 69 and obviously will be 70 in August. Unlike most of the young ones here that are wishing to be older, I wouldn't mind being 18 again, except I don't like what the future looks like for all of you young bucks.

Ian Wilson
I honestly never wanted to be older. I didn't see the appeal and I liked being a kid.

Quote:Dave Ramsey says lottery tickets are a tax on people who can't do math.
Nice one! I've got to remember this.
Except I don't think it benefits to the poor to tax via lottery, as from what I see everyday, they're mostly bought by the poor since they have strong hope to redeem themselves and make their life easier.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
If I win the lottery, I'll treat all you CC Zone members a trip to Quebec! Tongue

In all seriousness, I think the tax is ridiculous and poorer countries could use that to expand and improve their lifestyle.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Why a trip to Quebec? Perhaps I'd like to have a trip too Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Why a trip to Quebec? Perhaps I'd like to have a trip too Tongue

To meet the one and only, Rockdet! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
While lottery tickets are always fun to do every now and then just for the fun of it, they are a rip-off otherwise as the chances of winning are lower than the money one loses for the tickets themselves. I'd rather discover a giant scientific breakthrough and make millions that way, effectively winning the lottery the very successful way!