Poll: Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wii
52.38%
11 52.38%
Xbox 360
28.57%
6 28.57%
PS3
19.05%
4 19.05%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3?
Technically it's a Game Boy Advance Micro -- it only plays Advance games. I have a copy of SMW for the Advance, just have to get the handset back from the boy -- who just got a 3DS. It turns out the newer ones don't play Advance games, so he needs to get an SP or something.

Also, we still have a somewhat-functioning SuperNintendo and a SMW cartridge, so if I really want to -- I can pull that out. Awesome in 42 inches.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Perhaps all the infamous Nintendo Difficulty renders us speechless... Wink

Heh! I'd read so much on TV Tropes about New Super Mario Bros. Wii being "Nintendo Hard", so I was scared of it. I'd beaten SMB1, SMB3, SMW, and NSMB, but when I hear "Nintendo Hard", I think of the Lost Levels, where I've never managed to beat 8-4 (and beating 8-3 was a frustrating failure-filled task in itself). Much to my surprise, though, I managed to beat the game the first time with the "you're terrible at video games, so here's a block you can hit to make Luigi beat the level for you" only showing up in 7-1. On my second playthrough, I actually beat 7-1 on my first try, and eventually managed to get 100% completion! World 9 was pretty hard, sure, but honestly, I'd say it was easier than Lost Levels was.

Anyhow, that was very, very off-topic and silly, for which I apologize.

Quote: Technically it's a Game Boy Advance Micro -- it only plays Advance games. I have a copy of SMW for the Advance, just have to get the handset back from the boy -- who just got a 3DS. It turns out the newer ones don't play Advance games, so he needs to get an SP or something. Also, we still have a somewhat-functioning SuperNintendo and a SMW cartridge, so if I really want to -- I can pull that out. Awesome in 42 inches.

Honestly, while certain changes in the Super Mario World remake for GBA would make purists cringe (it takes two hits instead of one to turn Cape or Fire Mario into Small Mario, a few modified levels are now easier), I think the game makes up for it by making Dragon Coins actually count for 100% completion. Searching for Dragon Coins in the remake allowed me to appreciate the level designs more than I ever had before. Plus, some of those Dragon Coins have been moved to more interesting locations, and levels which didn't have them before (excluding the Switch Palaces and Bowser's Castle) have them added. Granted, adding Dragon Coins to a remade version of a level like Star World 3 or Donut Ghost House makes it obvious that the levels weren't originally designed to have Dragon Coins in them. *laughs* Still, I'd say both versions of the game are worth playing!
I'd go with the PS3 90%, sure, Xbox is better for multiplayer, but I hardly ever use multiplayer, besides, also because it has the best graphics. The remaining 10% goes to wii because of some of its Mario games.
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)