February 2019 Create Competition - Walls of CC2
Quote:Quote

some pointless speed boots...the level also uses a LOT of coloured walls for no reason...the yellow room suffers from these extra walls the most, with almost half of the playing area eliminated by these walls.

I saw that as no different than filling a CC1 walls of level with other acting walls- especially as, given the choice between frame block-> colored floor or colored wall, the wall looked nicer. And really, aesthetic variety was the entire reason why the walls, canopies and, speed boots were added, in addition to the uncommented on monsters on walls! Tongue

I think that for a future Walls of CC2(LP1) Create, should it happen, there should be some sort of stricter definition for what a wall is and by extension, what you must leave and what you can remove. That, and for wall-less levels leaving something of the original intact in some way, because without that it's just a level that happens to lack walls- and as H2O's level shows, in CC2 it's not that hard to make a level without walls given how many tiles can act as walls in some circumstances.

Anyway, some thoughts on the other levels... I think Miika's is really clever for how it uses the walls, even if the level itself is "ordinary". H2O's is a terrible walls of level (leaving the force floors behind would have allowed something interesting, I think) but a pretty neat level on the whole, which is a funny opposite to Miika's entry. I think Tyler probably should have won on both use of walls and best level, but I guess I'll take the win for... having the best bonus? Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
February 2019 Create Competition - Walls of CC2 - by Ihavenoname248 - 15-Mar-2019, 5:18 PM