Pineapple Pack - Discussion
Quote:#6 The Genvag

After five blobs and an invisible-wall guessing game, I do not even want to try the rest of the level.

#15 Falling

Interesting concept, but practically impossible.

#18 Slapstick Tragedy

That a level with unavoidable random force floors leading to fire made it into voting is indeed a tragedy.

#35 Lonely

How to design a bad level: Eleven blue keys at the end, with ten unreachable due to hidden walls, making the player repeatedly guess (with a low time limit) or peek in the editor. Place three blobs and three walkers in a small open space. There was one time where pressing the blue button failed to reverse the tank because a walker or blob was in its way!

#40 Construct-A-Sokoban

A brilliantly-executed twist on the Sokoban theme. Really hope this level makes the cut for CCLP4. The difficulty is just right to interest both Sokoban lovers and haters. I guess the room on the right (with toggle walls) is for Lynx players?
#6: The randomness is at the start of the level and there are lots of safe spaces, so it's really not too bad. The invisible wall guessing game? No guessing, just a couple blocked off keys.

#15: Avoiding the thieves can be a little tricky, but you can plan a route during the initial descent! Going all the way to the left and then moving right 3 columns is an easy method...and then the second room gives you time to stop and think to plan the next slides. In Lynx, the time limit is a little tight, however.

#18: It's possible to solve this level deterministically in both rulesets. In fact, that's the point of the puzzle! There are some really cool ruleset exclusive tricks going on in this small space, so I'd highly recommend giving the level another shot instead of dismissing it outright for perceived unfairness.

#35: The blob room is huge. The walker room is a little smallish but really not too bad overall, especially once the path to the blob room is opened up. The thing with the tank is unfortunate (but an easy fix), and the hidden wall section? A little mean given the time limit but you have to expect that the farthest blue keys are more likely to be correct. I'm not a fan of this one either, but it's definitely not objectively bad, nor do blob/walker/hidden wall rooms make a level bad.

#40: I made this. The other level in voting with the same name is better. You are also correct as to the purpose of the toggle wall room- fire allowed slaps in Lynx, toggle walls allowed flicks in MS, so rather than design an unequal puzzle, I made one and mirrored it for the other ruleset.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 31-Oct-2016, 2:09 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by hkn - 15-Mar-2017, 11:23 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 15-Mar-2017, 1:31 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Ihavenoname248 - 16-Mar-2017, 5:17 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by hkn - 18-Mar-2017, 2:11 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by ruben - 19-Mar-2017, 8:16 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by mmoraleta - 11-Apr-2017, 9:53 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 14-Apr-2017, 6:10 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by mmoraleta - 14-Apr-2017, 7:13 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by mmoraleta - 14-Apr-2017, 7:15 PM