CCLP1 Retrospective
Quote:"Moving 2U to the fireboots immediately cooks the level"

Tiny is still solvable if you take the fire boots first. [Actually, even the bold is still obtainable this way!]
...Well now I feel stupid since I didn't see the method until now. Still, my point stands since the trick to fireboots first is less obvious than leaving them until after drowning the fireball.

Quote:I would agree with a few points you made about your review, but when judging an official set, I'd rather consider judgement along the lines of variety, transition, storyline, or anything else where the CCLP1 Staff had complete control over.
It's varied with an emphasis on itemswappers, there's a storyline but it's there, and I don't really get the transition thing. Still, I've always believed that a game has to stand on its gameplay and level design, and as CC has already proven a fruitful ground with its mechanics, the levels chosen above all else are what make CCLP1 CCLP1 and not random set Q on the internet.

The vast majority of the levels are fun to play, so CCLP1 succeeds. Just my mindset on game design.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
CCLP1 Retrospective - by Ihavenoname248 - 09-Apr-2014, 12:50 AM
CCLP1 Retrospective - by lookatthis - 09-Apr-2014, 1:44 PM
CCLP1 Retrospective - by James - 09-Apr-2014, 5:34 PM
CCLP1 Retrospective - by Ihavenoname248 - 10-Apr-2014, 2:58 AM