June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!)
Definitely didn't expect to win before seeing the submissions, didn't expect to win after seeing Andrew's and Tyler's entries, somehow won anyway with what I thought was a needlessly overcomplicated entry.

Teleport Convolution: I couldn't work this one out either, but in the time I spent on it I did move the yellow teleport on the inside by blocking the outside one against blocks... it's clear you'd need to get the bug to blow up the bomb via yellow teleport but I didn't see the specifics, nor did I see how to maneuver the ice block afterwards. Definitely a bad tutorial!

Bowling in the Sewer: The solution is to step on the area control button, which sends the bowling ball onto the clone button cloning a fireball to blow up the last bomb guarding the exit. Perhaps I went a little too clever with that inclusion, though. I elected not to include any hints because I like when tutorials are self-explanatory: the mechanics speak for themselves through the level. I did this back with UC4 and I think that worked out reasonably well, so I went for it here, too.

Joshua's Entry: I knew it was against the 25x25, but didn't think it was a big deal either since it was 10xsomething. Then I just checked and it's 10x90...which is 900 tiles / 44% more space to work with than originally allowed. That's... yikes.

Exchange: When the bowling ball picked up the skates it caused it to explode, instead of bounce off the socket. Strange behavior when you think about it... I thought it was alright but also really liked chipster's other entries, especially Eraser Rush. Though I reallllly like the speed boots, so that's to be expected. (biggest issue there is walkers can enter the lock corridors...)

Wrong of Way: This is honestly the level I thought would win it- very surprised to see it as far back as fifth!

World of Tanks: This is another one I expected to place a little better than it did.

Stickygate: You fell for the exact same trap I did when I played it..I think the solution to that part is to use the bribe and hook and red key to pull the arrow block down, giving more time to move? I still dislike that section of the level, though maybe not as much if it was the entire level.

It Takes Two: Honestly, I felt this was a stronger multi-character level than my own, as a tutorial. As a level I prefer my own, but as a tutorial... anyway, the bonus can be obtained by using the regular block on the bomb, and bringing the final ice block down to the teeth room. It's a pretty clever bonus! Likewise, the bonus in Item Drop is obtained by overriding the force floor (taking advantage of the obscuring recessed wall under the chip) and then passing through with only the suction boots.

My own order would probably have been:

1. Ajmiam

2. quiznos

3. myself (with Bowling in the Sewer)

4. J.B. (with It Takes Two)

5. chipster

6. Joshua Bone (I liked this more than J.B.'s buuuuut the skirting the rules...)

7. IceyLava

8. Eric

9. MikeSugs

10. _H_ & random 8 (overcomplicated for tutorials)

12. Miika

13. geodave
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!) - by Ihavenoname248 - 11-Jul-2016, 10:57 PM