Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
I voted for the first option, though I do like the third option quite a bit as well. The biggest issue would be the first CC2 'official' set not having many CC2 exclusive mechanics, but right now we have a large pool of levels available for CCLP4. If CCLP4 was then ported to CC2 (similar to how I'm porting UC4: primary gameplay unchanged, with CC2 elements thrown in when applicable), it would be a taste of what a community driven pack could do and might build more interest in making CC2 levels.

So I guess my strongest feeling is this:
Make CCLP4 as planned before CC2, because we have such a huge pool of levels

Loose port<sup>*</sup>
to CC2 with a similar title (perhaps do the same loose porting process for CCLP1, 2 and 3? CCLP2 may be difficult with the invalid tiles, but we do have CCLXP2 to build off).

Then, after CCLP4, there will be a larger pool of CC2 levels available so a "CC2LP1" would be a better product, and CC2 would then have 3(+?) existing 'official' (CC1 Steam, CC2, CCLP4 port, CCLP1-3 port?) sets to be looked at for inspiration. Most people here probably know of these sets, but do most people who just play CC2 on Steam, using its discussion forums solely for community interaction know of these sets? What about the people who don't even check the forums? They might miss out completely on any further CC2 sets, unless the set is officially added in an update to CC2 (or announced through Steam's interface, but both of those would require developer input).

Loose port meaning with colored/steel wall aesthetics, bonus flags added, possibly key thieves/other small additions to levels to make larger mechanisms take up less space, with wires to make connections work. I think even You Can't Teach an Old Frog New Tricks would be able to be ported-many of its connections are already pedantic.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by Ihavenoname248 - 13-Oct-2015, 4:41 AM