Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 coming to steam
Quote:One day to go! (Sorry it's my first post here, stopped playing CC1 / TW a while back due to time constraints)

What will the price be? Any predictions?

It's confirmed to be $5 for CC2, $2 for CC1 and $3 for the editor, or $5 for the bundle at release.

Quote:A third mode may be possible for Tile World to be implemented... but the bigger question is, can third-party CC1 levelsets (created with the MS CC-based editors) be played with the Steam version at all? (CC1 wise)

CC1 .dat/.ccl files won't work with the CC1 version on Steam, as that version of CC1 uses the CC2 engine.

Quote:On topic (CC2): I think two new modes will have to be implemented for Tile World once the Steam games are released. We'll see if CC2's gameplay is really different from CC1's.

Tile World was necessary because MSCC and the Lynx versions were hard/impossible to come by legally and didn't work on more recent computers (as early as Vista, MSCC didn't work). Since CC2 will work and be available, it doesn't need a clone.

Though, if CC2 gets pulled from Steam, it would, but I still wouldn't put it into Tile World. Instead, I'd think a new program just for emulating CC2 would probably be a better idea, since a lot of the logic would need to be redone for CC2's electricity/wires. The difference between the CC1 in CC2 engine and CC2 is that you can't drop boots in CC1. That could be as simple as a checkbox in the editor and displayed akin to which ruleset a set is for in Tile World.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 coming to steam - by Moonpig - 17-Apr-2015, 10:30 AM
Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 coming to steam - by Ihavenoname248 - 27-May-2015, 10:54 AM