2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4
Quote:a small part of me does feel like CCLP4 should be MS-only (or at least have an MS-only version) to keep the "agreement" made way back regarding odd and even numbered CCLP's....
Ignoring the preferences and designs of the current community to honor a vague agreement made by people who aren't part of the community seems...very silly to me, without even getting into the supply of levels exclusively for 1 ruleset.

I can see the appeal of a set specifically designed to be split, but I think that CCLPx-s should be compatible with both rulesets, and potentially other, smaller community sets (25ish levels, perhaps less, perhaps more depending on details) could be designed explicitly for one ruleset or the other. I think that's the solution that best highlights the best levels created by the community, without shunting any specific type of [active] designer, and without creating a ton of extra work for any given community set staff.

To illustrate:

If we do go with 50 levels in CCLP4 are MS only, 50 are Lynx only and they swap out, voting would need 3 categories (adding confusion for voters), less levels from the largest pool would be selected, and the staff would have a headache with trying to balance ordering of the set with some levels not being part of either. Additionally, there are a lot less Lynx-designed levels out there, which could easily create a disparity in overall set quality.

Going with other community sets keeps the CCLP4 process streamlined and avoids the pitfalls above, and other community sets could fill the void of ruleset-specific levels easily. It would take a bit more external planning, but all the distinct processes could go a lot smoother. An MS-only and a Lynx-only set could even be worked on simultaneously here, with completely different levels as side projects (though, I would wait until after CCLP4 voting ends, leading to...)

CCLP4 details:

Sooner rather than later for sure- we have enough levels, and as others (I think J.B.) have said, some levels that were shafted from CCLP1 for difficulty reasons pose a unique case where waiting just continues to shaft those levels. What would be stopping us from going forward with CCLP4 right now, while also talking about other potential sets to fill other niches? Right now, it looks like a staff. I'd gladly be a part of that, preferably not as staff coordinator but if no one else steps up I'd be willing take the role. If anyone wants that position specifically, they should probably say something so we can keep moving forward and make another awesome set. As for a submission limit/community nominations: If there is no submission limit, I don't think nominations would really be required. If there is, and it seems like 50 levels seems to be the current consensus (though I'd argue a bit higher, admittedly for primarily selfish reasons), I'd think submissions of sets to nominate from -> nominations -> designer moves forward another [insert number here] is probably the best way to go about pre-voting. Ideally this would probably be done by the end of June, though realistically I could see this point lasting until September. Alternately, submitted sets to nominate from could have a limit of June (these are arbitrary), nominations could last until late September and then designers could have until the end of the month to finalize their additions. From that point, staff makes voting packs, releases those packs, voting happens, set is made from vote results.

Regardless of the process, it should be fun (both the process and the set). Right? Teeth
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by M11k4 - 02-Jan-2015, 2:29 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by Syzygy - 04-Jan-2015, 12:52 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by PB_guy - 05-Jan-2015, 11:59 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by Syzygy - 05-Jan-2015, 12:21 PM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by M11k4 - 06-Jan-2015, 7:13 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by Ihavenoname248 - 07-Jan-2015, 8:51 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by jblewis - 07-Jan-2015, 11:06 AM