December 2016 Time Trial
It's that time of year again, when, uhm, oh... we all get to participate in a Time Trial!

These two fun levels (Red, Brown and Red
and Demolitions Expert
) come from Ihavenoname248 (who is, in some corners of the universe, secretly known as Jeffrey Bardon). It's been some time since we've had a competition involving this sort of manipulation and here I think it's presented in a way that isn't chaotic or too daunting. If you didn't guess from the names, they are a couple of small cloning levels and I think it's the perfect theme to finish off the year.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/594-%7B?%7D/

We'd love to hear your comments on the levels even if you don't consider Time Trials your favorite cup of tea!

Enjoy!

-Miika

Technical notes:

[Click to Show Content]
Submitted my entry!

These were more fun to work on than I expected when I designed them, Demolitions Expert in particular.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Results!

I'd be lying if I said I there was a flood of entries this month. I don't like to believe it was due to the levels though, as I had fun playing them and would expect others to do so too. In any case, here are the results:

1. Ihavenoname248 - 175.4 + 194 (219.6) = 369 MS

2. M11k4_________ - 175.8 + 190 (220.0) = 365 MS

-- M11k4_________ - _ 173 + 189 (219.4) = 362 LX

3? rubenspaans___ - _ 172 + 188 (221.2) = 360 LX

X. Melinda_______ - 176.2 + 196.8(222.0)= 372 MS
Y. Melinda_______ - _ 173 + 195 (221.2) = 368 LX

See how I made that look like there were many participants by including four lines for practically myself? Slight smile We usually don't report the tenths of a second in these things, but here I thought it added something interesting. I also recorded the time the socket was opened in the second level in parentheses.

Jeffrey did something the rest of us can only wish we ever got to do: he designed a trick into a level that nobody else caught. It's so obvious once you see it, or even know that it exists, but somehow it managed to slip by. On top of that, he leveraged the trick to report the best score on the level and win this competition! Can that be well-deserved?? I think it is Slight smile

My own scores had to be locked in before I saw anyone else's and once I had I could go back to improve the times. (So the last two lines of the scores reflect that, though of course more improvements might be possible.) This is maybe the first time since I've been doing this that I kind of regretted not putting in more effort into the levels before freezing my scores, which actually I should expect to happen more than it does. I don't think it was just because of the missed trick either, but because I like playing around with the cloning.

I will strive to get the solutions uploaded for your viewing and analyzing pleasure when time and technology permits. In the meanwhile, let us all congratulate IHNN again. Congrats! (And I mean that sincerely despite my snide remark.)

-Miika

P.S. I'm working on releasing the next levels for January, as well as the create comp stuff. Admittedly, I am a bit busy but you can still expect them soon!