Chip's Rewind [Being developed]
Quote:

If you still plan on making this for CC1, I strongly recommend you do so, since we have CCLP4 underway. You can even submit what you've worked on so far for consideration to be in an official level pack if you like.

I think I could go ahead and submit the level DISKETTE for CCLP4. After all; what's more amazing out of all levels I've finished than a Windows logo? Laughing

Quote:

So how many levels have you finished now? What's the difficulty like? Are you still making this for both CC2 and CC1? Keep us updated

You got it. I'm gonna be finishing levels from time to time and you can check the planned levels section each day to see which ones I've finished. Wink

So anyways, how do you guys like the demo I published?
There's a
R
A
I
N
B
O
W
of colors!
Thanks for uploading!

CALLBACK

I don't get the hint. Why do I need to remember the level's name? The level is easy, almost trivial, but that can be okay for the first level in the set. The fireballs are an interesting decoration to look at.

GET USED TO IT

A nice intro level for dirt blocks. Might be a little short; even LESSON TWO did a little bit more for this concept. Are you planning on doing a full set of intro levels for all the concepts?

THE WALKING TEETH

This is going to be a lot harder for completely new players compared to the levels around it. I enjoyed my playthrough.

KEYS AND BLOCKS

a) there are no blocks, so why is it called Keys and Blocks? b) the level is trivial and doesn't contain any options. If you're trying to teach new players about keys and doors, why not look at the way it was done in LESSON ONE or maybe in the CCLP1 tutorial level. Another suggestion is to combine this with GET USED TO IT and teach a couple simple concepts all in one level.

DISKETTE

Hey, it's a Windows icon! However, I can't say this level is particularly interesting to play (it's tough to turn a pixel picture into a playable concept). I like that the teleport room allows four paths to the exit.

CHIP THE SWIMMER

As with CALLBACK and KEYS AND BLOCKS, the level is waaaay too linear. The player never has to make a choice, it's just a 'follow the path to the exit and try not to step in fire' level.

Thanks for creating new Chip's Challenge content! My favorite level was THE WALKING TEETH. My single biggest recommendation is to spend some time figuring out how to make your levels feel more like a game, i.e. give the player more options!
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.