Ask the CCLP1 Staff!
It's just a matter of weeks before CCLP1's release, so we thought we'd do a special Q&A for fun. Tom and I will record a podcast in a few days answering some questions you have about CCLP1! Of course, we can't give away any major spoilers, especially about levels that made it in beyond the five featured in the release poster, but we'll do our best to answer what you ask within reason. Slight smile So, feel free to ask away in this thread! Question submission will close on Saturday.
Something I've been curious about - I would assume that the set is not comprised of merely the 149 "highest voted" levels, although I hope that this would have been a major deciding factor when the staff put together the set.

My question is, what were the highest and lowest average ratings of levels that made it into CCLP1-proper? I.e. "the highest rated level in CCLP1 had an average rating of abc and the lowest rated level in CCLP1 had an average rating of xyz". Also, to get an idea of how fierce the competition was, what was the highest average rating to not make it into CCLP1?
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
How did the nominated levels do in voting?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Will there be a special hidden level thanking the CCLP1 team?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Are all of the levels actually taken from the CCLP1 voting pool, or are there some that were made by the staff after the fact?

Will the storyline work similar to CCLP3's where the story appears in between levels through Tile World? Or will there be anything more fancy this time around?

Any advice or things to watch out for, for LP'ers? (You can answer this one objectively)

About how much time after voting closed have you (J.B. and Tom) spent working on the set?

Does the CCLP1 storyline have any volcanoes in it? Slight smile
How close was Not_CCPL1 to the real thing?

~Bowman
~Bowman
Quote:How close was Not_CCPL1 to the real thing?

~Bowman

This was already a hint given in the "Within" thread. Nineteen levels from Not_CCLP1 appear in CCLP1.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
How many designers have levels in CCLP1 and who are they?
What's CCLP1?
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
On average, would you say CCLP1 is easier or harder than CC1? What about after we disregard the "fake difficulty" in CC1 (mainly guesswork, tedious block pushing, and slide-delay-induced lucky timing) and focus on the core action and puzzles?

How many 0-chip levels are in the set, and what's the highest chip count for any one level? How many levels have extra chips? If you can't give me exact answers, then how do these numbers compare to CC1?

Did any levels surprise you by doing much, much better in the voting than you expected?

How many levels have 999 seconds? are untimed? (Compare to CC1 if you don't want to give me exact answers)

How hard was it to come up with an ordering for the levels? Was putting levels in the same slot as a CC1 level with a similar concept ever a deciding factor at all?

What were some of the level type categories you came up with to organize/winnow the levels and keep the set varied?

What was your favorite part of the process? What would you change, if anything, if you had to do it again?