CCLP1 Voting Pack News and Releases
Quote:Question to staff:

After voting is completed, how will the levels be whittled down to the 149 in a set?

I'm curious as well. Also how did the voting work? Is there a program built into the forum that orders all the levels according to the votes or did someone just take them and do all that manually?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Question: If I (for example) vote on the first six levels of a pack, then later come back to vote on the next six, will it still keep my votes for the first six, or do I have to vote for those again? I hope and expect it's the former, but I just want to be sure.
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Quote:Question: If I (for example) vote on the first six levels of a pack, then later come back to vote on the next six, will it still keep my votes for the first six, or do I have to vote for those again? I hope and expect it's the former, but I just want to be sure.

Yes, it will remember your votes.
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Question to staff:

After voting is completed, how will the levels be whittled down to the 149 in a set?

While voting and the results that come with it are a good way to determine what levels are the most popular, they also tend to reveal collective preferences toward certain types of levels. In the interest of achieving variety in CCLP1's makeup, I've been breaking down the results into smaller lists of levels based on different types of gameplay, predominant elements and enemies, difficulty, etc. that I've been updating every time somebody casts votes. I've tried to dedicate more space to "broad" categories like difficulty and gameplay while narrowing it down a bit more for levels that feature very specific game elements. With this method, we can achieve the best of both worlds: considering the community's voice while maintaining variety. Here's a tiny snippet of the spreadsheet I've been using, so you have an idea of what this looks like - spoilery information blurred. Slight smile

[Image: bLvJ2Vk.jpg]

Quote:I'm curious as well. Also how did the voting work? Is there a program built into the forum that orders all the levels according to the votes or did someone just take them and do all that manually?

Both. Slight smile There's a results feature built into the voting system, but at the same time, I've been manually tabulating every single vote on my own spreadsheet to track the individual progress of each level.

Right now, we're heading into the final five weeks of voting. It's going to be down to the wire, but I believe we can get at least 20 votes on each level. If you go back to the original post on this thread, you'll see an update; I've color-coded the packs by how close they are to 20. I've also given each pack a number that I've termed "MNoV" (minimum number of votes for a given pack). This number indicates how many votes each level in the pack has at minimum. Some levels in each pack have more since some voters haven't been voting on everything, but every one of them has at least that number.

I've also attached numbers in parentheses next to each MNoV. These numbers are the levels that need votes (NV) in order to bring the pack's MNoV up by 1. (The unlisted levels are the ones that are already there - or higher.) Some packs need only a single vote on a single level to bring the MNoV up by 1 (Jacuzzi, Mushroom, Flouncy) due to voters missing a button on the ballot or not voting on that level. Others require significantly more. But at any rate, we are getting extremely close to that 20-vote mark for every pack. Slight smile In fact, if we were to go strictly by the MNoV, we would be 93.33% of the way there as of this post. (The actual percentage is higher, since some levels are beyond the MNoV number.)

That post will continue to be updated throughout the remainder of voting. So, let's jump in and finish strong! We can do this, everyone!
Loving the fact that in your diagram above, the category "Blobs (dodging)" has the lowest average rating (:
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Final six hours, everyone! Go, go, go!

Check the initial post in this thread throughout the remainder of the day for updates on how each pack is progressing vote-wise.
Bummer, I forgot to give my last few votes yesterday Slight frown

But it was only a handful anyway. Nice to see that there were so many votes to each set! Happy New Year everyone!
I voted as much as I could and ended up doing way more than I thought.

Thumbs up (Y) to CCLP1 staff. You guys put a ton of work into this and you take it very seriously and carefully weight even the minor details. It's sure to turn out very good.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I think I voted on between 1/2 and 2/3 of the level packs, which was better than I was expecting. At one point I thought I might be able to finish all of them, but work caught up with me ):

Can't wait to see the finished product, staff are doing a great job Thumbs up
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl