Chess - Candidates tournament
We could do round robin, or pair people up by their approximate levels (for example, James and me might be about an equal match based on our previous games, but I don't remember all that well). If we do Round Robin we might as well just have someone start a tournament on Chess.com and invite us all, as then it will automatically do all of the pairings and scoring for us, but if we want to play fewer games at once and maybe do it knockout style we could just organize it here.
I see no reason why not to use the tournament structure at chess.com, as allows for a much better understanding of what is going on. Do tell when you are starting, so I can lose every game.
More or less the same here, I'm about as good as James, but will always blunder before my opponent.

So interested would be:

BigOto2, jblewis, James, Flareon350, M11k4 and I.

That's 6 of us. Assuming FJepsen's in too, that's 7 of us. If we go knockout style, another player in would be perfect.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Make that 8. I'm in. Slight smile
No. Make that 9. Count me in! Slight smile
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
I'm not sure we'll get enough bang for our buck if we do a knockout tournament. Half of the players will only play a single game, and even if you do happen to win through to the final game, you will barely have played any games at all.

As for chess skill, I agree with Rock that we're about on the same skill level (and I also agree with his blundering comment, lol). @Trevor, we played twice IIRC, I won the first one (my first ever chess.com game!) because you blundered and missed a defendable mate in 1, and you won the second one because I didn't have any clue what I was doing. You're definitely better. Tongue (My chess.com rating is 1106, but I "should" be quite a bit higher. I've lost several games on time due to RL reasons and once resigned all 20 tournament games I was playing at the time in a bizarre moment of rage...lol. My blitz rating is 8xx because I blunder a piece every 5 moves Slight smile)
Yeah, we'll go Round Robin and from there form the brackets
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Oh, and as to the actual topic (on who will become the challenger for the world championship), the tournament is gearing up and looking exciting!
I'll be a spectator and support the player who is losing just to annoy everyone and be one star about it the whole time. Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I'd like to play! I don't have a Chess.com account yet, but that can be easily remedied! Slight smile