Chess - Candidates tournament
So we have 10 players now. When should we start?
FJepsen, BigOto2, jblewis, James, Flareon350, M11k4, Michael, BlazingApollo, ajmiam and rockdet

We should just arrange Round Robin
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:We should just arrange Round Robin

Okay I feel silly to ask this but what is Round Robin?
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Okay I feel silly to ask this but what is Round Robin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_tournament
Basically everyone faces everyone else and we compile the results and have some rankings to do something else after, probably a standard elimination bracket thing. So it's preliminaries.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
The great thing about Chess.com is that once you set up a tournament, it handles everything all the way to the finals and then ranks people by 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. If there is a tie, it uses this interesting tie-breaking system where it takes people's ratings and evaluates the initial chance that a certain player would have won in the first place.
Ok so should we set up a Round Robin on Chess.com then? Who wants to go ahead and do it?
My YouTube Channel
It looks like it's going to be me. I currently have these people's usernames:

- BigOto2 (me)

- MichaelW2012

- rockdet

- Jamesa7171

- M11k4

- Flareon350

- JBL1 (J.B.? - You said on Skype that you were jblewis10, but that account doesn't seem to exist while a "JBL1" exists on Michael's friends list)

And then some others who haven't signed up here but that we know about:

- ManipulatorGeneral

- Markus24

- Icy001

In order to start the tournament I still need BlazingApollo, FJepsen, and ajmiam to give me their usernames and/or create an account on www.chess.com. I will send invites to those who are in (not including those who we know exist but haven't posted here) but I won't let the tournament start. Slight smile

It will take a few days to get this started as apparently I need a f****** Premium Membership to start tournaments on the site, and I used to have one until it was revoked because they lost my credit card number.
Alright, thanks Trevor Slight smile
My YouTube Channel
Ok, just signed up....my username on Chess.com is ajmiam (same as here) so it should be pretty easy to find me.